Friday, April 18, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Whoo! Hoo! It's Friday!

I think this title says it all! Excuse the not-so-great photo, it was taken at 12:30 with a lack of light, and the design of the card did not allow it to stand up. Yes, 12:30. The last two nights I could not stay awake and took short naps, then somehow managed to stay up until 12:30, resulting in 4 hours of sleep. I felt okay Thursday, but this morning is not good. Doh! But enough crying, back to the card, lol!

I've been seeing so many great owl cards, I had to use my little Woody once again. The base is Wild Wasabi with More Mustard on top. I cut 1/2" off the top layer and rounded the corners, since I was using a lot of circles. For the large circles on the background and around Woody, I used the circle stamp from So Much (see, trying to use it some more and make the most of my *investment*!). The Woody circle was cut out using the Coluzzle, and the other circles are 1 3/8", 1" and 3/4" from the East Coast Prep paper.

I colored Woody with the Pure Color Pencils. The other day Donna mentioned coloring images with Pure Color Pencils on Kraft cardstock like she did here using Pun Fun, and I wish I had thought of it because I loved the way it looked. Reaching for that Whisper White is like a crutch for me, I need to break free more often!

Okay, off to finish getting ready...definitely need time to stop at Starbuck's for a muy strong Venti something today! I'm going to a special bridal crop tonight from 6:00 to midnight. My friend Robyn is getting married next month and her sister Lori put this together where we all make a two-page wedding layout and then put them in an album Lori bought, so at the end of the night Robyn has a wedding scrapbook all ready to go! Isn't that a great idea?! Hopefully I'll have lots of great pictures to share of it tomorrow!

Have a fabulous Friday! Whoo! Hoo!

Recipe Stamps: Just Celebrate, So Much. Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, More Mustard, Whisper White, East Coast Prep DSP. Accessories: Coluzzle, 1 3/8" & 1" & 3/4" & 1/8" Circle Punch, Wild Wasabi Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Corner Rounder, Pure Color Pencils.

6 comments:

Tara said...

loving this card too! I just added so much to my order...thanks! I love the circles!
What a super fun idea to do the bridal crop...can't wait to see pics!! :)

Donna Baker said...

next time reach for your kraft! it's so fun...love your cars still, the circles are cute & love he rounded corners. hope you get back to a regular sleeping schedule!

Donna said...

Very cute....again!!! I've been out of the loop because we were on a trip. All the cards you posted this week are great.
Hope you got caught up on your sleep!

Unknown said...

So cute! I love all the circles and your little owl. He's whoooooorific!

Nancy Riley said...

Such a cute card, Angie! I just got the So Much stamp set, and your card gives me some ideas. Thanks for the inspiration!

Silli said...

this is so sweet! I love the image! TFS:-)