Wednesday, April 30, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Wednesday Dig it Out and Use it Up #3!

Happy Wednesday! Time for another Dig it Out and Use it Up! (I didn't post last Wednesday, so I really blew it for this challenge, ugh!) Since I worked on those desk nameplates the day before, I had lots of "scraps" and parts left out to play with...so it made this card easy!

I used the same ABCs wheel to run the lines, love this wheel and how it looks! As I mentioned yesterday, it was very liberating throwing things together and not worrying about the colors matching, which is what I did here, and I love how it turned out! The large stars are punched out of old paper...that's what I dug out to use up! So, let's see what you can dig out to use up this week! Post the link to your creation in the comments below...no one has actually done this yet, but I feel confident that someone eventually will! lol!

Thank you so much for all your sweet comments yesterday about the desk nameplates for the students! You really made my day! The students did love them...almost as much as the cool jumbo polka-dot pencils I gave them! I think the test went well, I hope so at least. They worked long and hard which makes me think they did all of their "strategies"...I guess time will tell! The principal was so nice to let us leave at 3:30 yesterday, so my fellow 3rd grade teachers Myrick and Nguyen, and I went to an early dinner at Hunky's in Oak Cliff, yummy! If you live in Dallas, you should go, they have one Uptown too. It was so nice and enjoyable, especially compared to our quick 10 minute conversations in the lunch room, trying to talk over loud eight year olds...lol!

Hope you have a great day! Try to dig something old out and use it up today!

Recipe Stamps: My ABCs wheel, So Much. Cardstock: Kraft, misc patterned paper. Ink: Handsome hunter ink cartridge, Chocolate Chip. Accessories: Large Star Punch, 5/8" Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Ruby Red Brad, Dimensionals.

4 comments:

Becky Carafa said...

This turned out so cool! I will attempt to dig something out and post here!

Tara said...

cute card!!
Yippee for me I took a few minutes this morning to Dig It Out...and here are my cards!!
www.stamp-a-licious.blogspot.com
I love this challenge...glad I finally played along!! :)

Karen Kelly said...

Okay, I missed yesterday's post...how SWEET of you to make those nameplates! Those kids must have just felt so good and positive as they began those tests :-) The card today is great--clean and simple which is fabulous!

AJ said...

very cute card! love the using up scraps!!