Monday, April 28, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

A Little Birdie Told Me...It's Your Birthday!

Happy Monday morning! If today is your birthday, you can consider this card for you! ;-) It may look familiar from here, which was my first attempt at a birthday swap card I had signed up for. I had cut all the parts, except for the polka dot strip, but wasn't crazy about it, so I tweaked it some this weekend and came up with this.

I ended up making the polka dot strip larger and cut the pumpkin pie and white pieces down smaller. I got rid of the zig-zag banner and just made one row...probably should have scrapped it totally, but it's how the card started, and I refused to give it up. Do you ever do that? You know you should abandon something that's not working, but you refuse to do it, causing yourself hours of torture and frustration?! lol!

Hope your week kicks off to a great start! We have the Math TAKs test tomorrow and the Reading TAKs retake on Wednesday...and then it will all be behind us...ahhhhhh!...at least until next year. We have some really fun things planned for our hard-working students, including a field trip, which they've never experienced before, so it should be fun ahead! Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe Stamps: A Little Birdie Told Me. Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Spring Break & Wild Wasabi Prints DSP. Ink: Not Quite Navy pad; Not Quite Navy, Pumpkin Pie & Garden Green markers. Accessories: Pumpkin Pie Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Horizontal Slot Punch, and Dimensionals.

5 comments:

Donna Baker said...

I think it turned out cute with the one string banner. love the addition of the party bird! hope YOU have a good week!

~amy~ said...

Super sweet! I need to buy some of that cute striped grosgrain! Happy Monday!!!

Karen Kelly said...

This is adorable--again, I just love those hats turned into penants! I used to teach and while I miss it at times, I definitely do NOT miss standardized testing and all the hoopla that went with it! Hope it goes by quickly for ya!

Bev Gerard said...

Oh how cute is this!!??
Darling indeed!
Happy Bird-day everyone!

~Bev

Silli said...

omg!!!!! very, very pretty, the little bird ist so cute!