Thursday, April 24, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

{Life is good


Happy Thursday! We had a great Stamp Club last night, thanks for coming girls! After club, I always want to stamp so badly, even though I know should go to bed. So I stamped, but you know how it is when you're so tired you can't think of anything? But I'm stubborn and refused to give up...which resulted in me staying up way TOO late...this is what I managed to complete, finally! lol! I took this photo this morning in my dining room for a change and it turned out pretty well, considering it's still dark outside.

I started by rolling the Dotted Jumbo wheel in Pumpkin Pie on a Kraft cardstock, and it turned out PERFECT! I was stunned. I couldn't get anything I liked with it, though, but I refused to abandon the perfect wheel job, so it eventually got cut down and made into this card. I was thinking how much I enjoyed my friends and how lucky I am, so I got out the level 1 hostess set Make It Count and decided to go with the "Life is...good." I was also trying *not* to use patterned paper...it's become like ribbon, I can hardly make a card without it!

Okay, off to school now. I've been a bad blogging friend, and I'm way behind (I have 134 unread posts on my Google Reader!), but I'll be catching up tonight. Tuesday night I was entering grades in the computer until 11:30 p.m. (darn procrastinating girl!) and last night dh powered down all the computers at 9:30 because of the storm rolling through, so I couldn't even surf after stamp club (most inconvenient for me!).

Have a great Thursday!

Recipe Stamps: Make It Count, Jumbo Dotted Wheel. Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Kraft, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Only Orange, Pumpkin Pie. Ink: Real Red, Wild Wasabi. Accessories: Real Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Bashful Blue Die-cut Bloom, Scallop Circle Punch, A Perfect Day rub-ons, Slit Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Foo-fa-La red button, Dimensionals.

12 comments:

Sara said...

this card is fantastic! Love the bright colors next to the Kraft. Looks great!

Lori said...

Cute card Angie! I always enjoy hanging out with the girls! Our projects are so cute!

Lor

Tara said...

glad you stuck with it cuz I love this card! I wouldn't have abandoned a perfectly rolled wheel image either!! :) ...those don't happen too often!

Donna Baker said...

what a great card! don't feel so bad about being behind in your Google Reader - I have 344 to catch up on!!

Jenn D said...

Hmmm, my Google Reader was over 300 this morning. UGH! I have been spending too much time outside.

I'd never give up on a perfect wheel job either, although I still have issues on occasion and I have to use the wheel guide. LOL!

I love how your card turned out.

Karen Kelly said...

Ha! It's funny how exciting a perfectly wheeled image can be :-) The card looks great!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Hi Angie!!

That was the FIRST thing I thought was "that has to be a background stamp because it's too perfect to be a wheel!" HAHAHHAHHA!!

This is simple yet fun and colorful! Great job!

Have a great day!!

Tandra said...

Great card Angie!!
Love th e colors and layout!

AJ said...

cute card~ I think we all go through ruts of bad blogging/bad blog reading!

I am right there with you!! I need to play catch up as well!!

Nancy Riley said...

Angie, this card is so-o-o cute! I just love that Lots of Dots wheel!

Thank you for being such a wonderful blogging friend to me lately!!!! Your comments mean so much! You are awesome! THANKS!

Becky Carafa said...

It turned out fabulous! All the layers and details are perfect!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Angie! I'm betting the ladies loved this card! Geeeeze ... you always make me take another look at the catalog to "buy" something else! Your powers of suggestion are superior! lol