Monday, April 21, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #44

Well, Monday came way too fast. It always does, I don't know why I'm surprised! I did manage to complete Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #44 last night, but the lighting was not great for this photo. (I still need to get one of those light tents, and TexasGrammy commented before that I need to speak to her before doing that, so I must call her!) I also made this card for a group challenge "Something Old, Something New"...the something old is the Looks Like Spring set, and the something new was my Nestabilities square scallop die-cut, which was awesome by the way, so I see *more* of those in my near future!!

Anyway, back to the card, it's fairly straightforward...Afternoon Tea DSP and even splurged on a Build-a-Brad. I used the Argyle stamp from Looks Like Spring behind the flower focal point, but you really can't see it. When I showed dh he said, "Well, it's certainly busy." So I added the paper piercing in the corners, just to show him. lol! He's actually very supportive, he just prefers the clean and simple style.

Okay, better get ready for work now. I did manage to walk a mile this morning, after a 3 day hiatus, shame on me! I *HATE* to admit it, but I do feel better when I do it. Ugh! Have a great Monday!

Recipe Stamps: Looks Like Spring. Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, Whisper White, Afternoon Tea & Wild Wasabi Prints DSP. Ink: Versamark, Wild Wasabi. Accessories: Heat & Stick Powder, Heat Gun, Celery Fine Cosmo Glitter, Scallop Circle Punch, Paper Piercer, Build-a-Brad, 3/4" Circle Punch, Wild Wasabi Double Stitched Ribbon, Slit Punch, Square Scallops Nestabilities.

18 comments:

Sara said...

beautiful!

Susan Westberg said...

I absolutely *love* this card - so simple and can be used for many occasions! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Angie, your card is beautiful!!!
Hugs and smiles

Donna Baker said...

ha ha - that sounds like a comment my DH would say, but he usually gives very good constructive feedback. I LOVE your card, esp the glitter on the flower. let me know what Beverly says about that light thing! I'd be curious, I thought about it too, but no room for it (and it's not in the budget) so I've been using my photo editing program to lighten the shadows & I think it looks pretty good now. Yea, I hate to admit exercising makes me feel good too. Keep up the good work!

rozie640 said...

I just love this card, I am totally into designer paper now and love anything with designer paper backgrounds. Love the razzle dazzle of your art piece too..

Kim said...

Beautiful card Angie!! Great job on Beate's challenge!

Lisa H. said...

oh, so pretty! love the sparkles and this sketch was a great way to show off this beautiful paper.

CraftyMomOf3 said...

This card is simply gorgeous!!! The colors are exquisite together and quite frankly, I'm a sucker for anything glittery!!

So beautiful!!

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I'm like you, I have no idea where the weekend went at all. Your card is so pretty! I'm very envious that you got the square nestabilities. I'm waiting on some rectangle ones. They work like a charm though don't they?

I really love how you used the Looks like Spring flower.

Maren said...

This is SO gorgeous!! Love everything about it!!

~amy~ said...

Such a gorgeous card...love all the dp and of course, the glitter!!!

Tandra said...

Love it ALL, Angie!!!

Silli said...

wow, it´s so beautiful Angie! i love this paper!

Sara said...

I've nominated you for the Arte Y Pico Award on my blog:

http://desperatestamper.blogspot.com/2008/04/arte-y-pico.html

Love your stuff!

jjcreations said...

This is pretty. Love the glitter on this flower....looks awesome. Joan

Tonya Klar said...

Stunnnnnnning!!

Jessica said...

cute card! i've missed a bunch since my computers gone, your cards are so great, plus love the scrapbook pages!

Tara said...

love all that glittery goodness!!
good for you walkin' a mile...I have yet to conquer the exercise part...I am still working on not going over my points for the day!! :)