Tuesday, April 15, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

•Father• Oh Wise One


Happy Tuesday! Yesterday I showed one of the April Stamp Club projects, for the mother, so today I'm showing the other project, for the father. You can slip a gift card right inside this one, if you're like me and give your dad a Lowe's gift certificate for every Father's Day, birthday, and Christmas.

You can see a tutorial for this great project template over at Splitcoast here (but if you're in my stamp club, don't look and act totally surprised and think I'm awesome when I show you how to do it next week! lol!). I used the Just Celebrate set from the SU Occasions Mini, something about that little owl and the "oh wise one" just hit me and seemed perfect for Father's Day. I colored the owl with the Pure Color Pencils, they are still one of my favorite coloring tools and I wish they came in more colors. I used my little scissors to cut the jagged edge border around the owl pieces (still don't have those Nestabilities, so have to improvise!), and I managed to find a way to sneak some ribbon on there, even though it's a dad's card!

Guess I need to finish getting ready for work. I'm feeling like a pile of warm goo (dh's favorite sickly term) with a head full of goo (also his). Started on Sunday with a sore throat, etc...don't know why I'm surprised, I had two kids out sick Thursday and Friday. Man, I thought this junk was behind me for this school year! Hope y'all have a happy and healthy Tuesday!

Recipe Stamps: Just Celebrate, All Holidays, Straight Up Mini Alphabet (retired). Cardstock: Kraft, Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Spring Break DSP. Ink: Chocolate Chip, Not Quite Navy. Accessories: Pure Color Pencils, Earth Elements Brads, Pumpkin Pie Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Piercer, Coluzzle, Word Window Punch, Dimensionals.

12 comments:

Donna Baker said...

so cute! I love the pure color pencils too (esp on kraft cardstock, ever try it?) see my post today for what I did. I still need to try one of these cool cards! bet it'll be a hit!

Misty said...

This card totally rocks. I love the owl idea. TFS. Come on by...blog candy waiting.
Misty

Kim said...

Love the sentiment!!

Anonymous said...

Love that jagged edge, Angie! Great improvising!

Laura Davis said...

Angie, Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog.
I love your work:)
Laura

Laura Davis said...

O.K. I'm a dork. I just made a big mistake when posting my last post and had to delete it which deleted your sweet comment! Sorry!
Laura

Danielle L. said...

What a super cute card! Awesome! Welcome to the Great Swappers. :)

~amy~ said...

Super Sweet Dad's Day card!! Lovin' the colors and that striped ribbon is perfect!

Dawn Easton said...

Wonderful card! I love that image! I'm so happy I found your blog through Nancy at iSTAMP ;)

Erin McKinney said...

How adorable!!! I love the neat design and that little owl is cute!!

Tara said...

so cute again....you are on a roll...course you are always on a roll...you make super cute cards all the time!! :)

Anonymous said...

Just adorable! I am not an owl fan (yet LOL) but I justlove this card for Dad.