Wednesday, April 9, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Wednesday Dig it Out and Use it Up!


I posted a comment on someone's blog last week (my pea brain can't remember which one now, grrr!) because she had got something out and used it finally, and I said I need to do that and should make it a weekly challenge on my blog. So I decided to do it! Every Wednesday I'll challenge you to dig (in my stamp room, the "dig" is appropriate because that is what is required to find stuff usually!) something out that you've never used...or haven't used in the last year...and make something with it! I hope you'll play along and post a link to your creation here!

While surfing over at Splitcoast last weekend, I saw this beautiful card by criminalgrace. I loved the bird stamps she used and when I went to look at what it was, I was shocked to realize that I own that stamp set! Doh! It's a clear stamp set, Birds Galore,by Inkadinkado. I had bought it awhile back with a 50% off coupon (before I had my SU owl!), but when I inked it with the SU classic and craft pads, it did not do well. Long story short, I went to Michael's Saturday night with a 50% off coupon, and all the stamp pads were on sale 40% off, so I decided to buy a few of the little Brilliance and Versamagic combo sets. These inks worked much better with these clear stamps.

I was not having a creative weekend, I'll spare you the details, so this is what I came up with. I also wanted to use my new SU Spring Break paper, it's so fabulous! I used the "a" from the SU Always set, it's still one of my favorites right now.

Okay, I now challenge you to Dig it Out and Use it Up...and share it with us, of course! Can't wait to see what you create! Have a great Wednesday!

Recipe Stamps: Always by SU, Birds Galore by Inkadinkado. Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, Mellow Moss, Spring Break DSP. Ink: Versamagic Spanish Olive & Aegean Blue. Accessories: Mellow Moss Taffeta Ribbon, Scallop Punch, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Dimensionals.

6 comments:

Donna Baker said...

you know you've got a lot of stuff if you see a stamp set someone used & forgot you had one too - lol. love your card, the birds are ready to take flight off the card, pretty

Becky Carafa said...

Love these colors! Great challenge too, it's my personal challenge this year to use more of what I have. I am making a recipe tin for my mom using my chipboard letters *gasp*! I will post it once it's done, though it's just a case of the one in the catty.

Silli said...

OMG! I love the colors, your card is beuatiful! Bye, Silli

Karen Kelly said...

I actually made it my New Year's Resolution to use my STUFF! Good idea to make it a weekly challenge. Also, did you try washing your clear stamp before you used it? I find that with a lot of my photopolymer stamps, I clean them or use a white eraser on them before I use them and they take SU! inks beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Hey Missy! You said that on "my" blog! hahahaha Does that mean that I have to dig out yet 'another' unused item & use it?? Don't I deserve a little 'grace' for one week after using those primas?? LOL

Whatever ... this is waaaaay tooooo cool, Angie! So funny that you have the same stamp set that you had referred!

Rika said...

Wonderful card!