Wednesday, April 2, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

"Welcome"


Happy Wednesday! It's Hump Day! Is anyone else ready for Friday?! Or I guess Saturday is even better! What do you think of this picture? Can you believe I took it at 10:00 at night? I put it on my desk and aimed my desk lamp and my Ott Lite on it...so not too bad I guess for the late hour. I want to order a little light tent that I saw on someone's blog, need to do that.

Anyway, I started this card on Sunday but gave up in frustration. I had punched an arrow out of the Summer Picnic paper and planned on pointing it at the "welcome". I never could get it how I liked it, so I gave up. I picked it up again last night, added a bigger piece of red behind it and the brads and liked it. Only then I looked down and saw the arrow and remembered my original plan. Oh well! Then I looked up the name of this set and saw it's not even current! It was a level 1 hostess set in the last catalog. Can you tell I haven't sorted out my stamp closet yet from the last catalog change?!

On a side note, Nick the dog is much better now. Maybe it was his allergies, or something he ate. Who knows. Nancy cracked me up with her comment about "thanks for sharing the details"! Sorry if I grossed anyone out...I just needed you to understand and feel the full extent of my bad night! ha! ha!

Have a good day! Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe Stamps: So Many Sayings. Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White; Summer Picnic & Close to Cocoa Prints DSP. Ink: Chocolate Chip, Real Red. Accessories: SU Vintage Brads & Dimensionals; felt star from Hobby Lobby (50% off embellishments, who can resist?!).

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

What a FUN card! Love the colors and the strips of dp!

Nancy Riley said...

Hey Angie! Glad to hear Nick is feeling better! I just had to give you a hard time. I've been a mom for 16 yrs. so there's no grossing me out!

I really really like this card! Love the red with the brads!

Tara said...

love this card...the simplicity of it is great!! I love a card I can make in just a minute or 2!! :)
...another reason to be glad I have not caved into my kids and hubby and gotten a dog!

Anonymous said...

The pic is wonderful!
Before you shop for "light tents", please give me a call! Seriously!

What a cute & quick creation, Angie! Someday I "MUST" learn that art from you!!

((hugs))
~Tex

Jenn D said...

I love it! It's so bright and cheery. Your photo is fabulous. Did you know that you can take one of those plastic crates (I always think of college dorm when I see them) and line them with the nice cardboard that comes in a package of dsp. I use those more often than my light tent these days.

AJ said...

I just *love* this Angie!! What a great card!! I am definitely going to case it! ;)