Wednesday, April 16, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Wednesday Dig it Out and Use it Up #2!


Happy Wednesday! Hump Day, thank goodness! You may remember last Wednesday I started the Wednesday Dig it Out and Use it Up! challenge. Of course, now I'm not sure how appropriate the "Use it Up" part is as we don't really "use up" or stamps, I guess I was thinking more of my paper and ribbon hoarding, but I like the way it sounds, so I guess I'll stick with it anyway!

I had started working with masking and circles using my Coluzzle last weekend for this project I showed on Monday. I ended up going a different direction with that one, but when finished I started working on this project. I pulled out the Tres Chic background, which I hadn't used since this card last August. (I know, I know, please tell me I'm not the only one who hasn't picked up a certain stamp in 8 months?!)

Anyway, to make the mask, I cut a circle out of regular copy paper using the largest ring of my Coluzzle circle template. Then I used temporary adhesive to stick it down to the card front. Lastly, I inked up the background stamp and stamped the card front over the template. When finished, pull the template off and voila, you have your masked circle!

The whole card is oversized at 5"x7". I think I'm going to add some photos inside and use it as a Mother's Day card for my grandma. If I do that, I'll have to redo the "spine" with some jumbo eyelets probably and maybe run the ribbon through them. The glittery heart is just like the one I posted on Monday, I ended up changing colors on that project and had the heart left over. Waste not, want not! lol!

Hope you have a great Wednesday! Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe Stamps: Tres Chic, Always. Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Pale Plum, Spring Break DSP. Ink: Not Quite Navy, Versamark. Accessories: Coluzzle, Heat & Stick Powder, Crystal Iris Chunky Sprinkles glitter, Heat Gun, Pretties flower, Slit Punch, Sherbert Ribbon Originals, Ice Circle Rhinestone Brad, and Dimensionals.

12 comments:

Lori said...

I love the masking technique used on this card! Smashing!

Lor

Jennifer Aviles said...

Angie, this is gorgeous! I love the way you've totally changed the look of this background (which I myself have not touched in months)! And the glitter. You know I love that!

Patty Bennett said...

Wow Angie.. it's totally fabulous.. LOVE the reverse masking idea with that background stamp.. gives it a whole new life!! And no.. you aren't the only one who has neglected stamps for that long... Patty

CraftyMomOf3 said...

So cute Angie!! I love the purposeful mismatching on this!! Everything looks amazing!! It's very sort of Anthropologie chic!

Hope you're having a good day!

~amy~ said...

WOW! Love this...polka dots and glitter!! What an absolutely fabulous card!

Donna Baker said...

wow, this is great!

Laura Davis said...

Love this!!! Great use of your stash:)
Laura

Lisa H. said...

very cool! love the masked circle and the glitter heart.

Tonya Klar said...

This is an awesome card! You should submit this to the May card contest for SU!

Tara said...

love the masking and the glittery heart!! :) great card... and I love the "dig it out, use it up"!!

Natalie said...

What a cool effect! I'm going to have to try this out!

Amy said...

Super cute! I love the mask with this background stamp! I'll definitely have to try this, myself!!!