Sunday, April 13, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Dilly-Dally Banner


It's the weekend! Has anyone else been as lazy as me?! Yesterday I managed to make one card, grade a lot of papers, and take two short naps. That was it for me! So back to the thing that was most fun...making the card! You know I love banners, going way back to here, and I had seen this new stamp set from Paper Trey that I loved and was wondering how I could create something similar. (I think Nichole Heady is one of the *best* stampers out there and so far I have resisted starting a new addiction, but she makes it harder and harder for me every month!)

So, I searched through the Stampin' Up! catalog looking for a "triangle" shaped stamp that I could turn upside down, and voila, there was the party hat from an old favorite, Dilly-Dally! I decided to poke holes with the paper piercer so that I could "sew" a string for my banner to be hanging from, but without thinking I made the holes very close together...if you try it, spread them out a little more!

By this time Saturday Night Live was over (I'm an old married woman who lusts after Ashton Kutcher, what can I say! It's purely physical and best when he doesn't talk.) and I needed to wind it up, so I borrowed another idea I had seen from this card at Paper Trey. I loved the way she did the greeting on top of the ribbon, so I did my version of it.

I'm off...probably for a repeat of Saturday...with a little laundry thrown in too. We've had a GORGEOUS weekend here in Dallas...cool mornings...warms up to low 70s...cool evenings. We only have about two of these a year it seems like, the next thing you know it shoots up to the 100s! Hope you have a great day!

Recipe Stamps: Dilly-Dally, It's Your Birthday, Straight Up Alphabet (retired). Cardstock: Blue Bayou, Regal Rose, Whisper White. Ink: Blue Bayou, Regal Rose, Old Olive. Accessories: Linen Thread, Paper Piercer & Needle, 1/2" Circle Punch, 5/8" Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon, Vintage Silver Brads, Dimensionals.

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

FUN card....love the banner! weekends are made for naps!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Hi Angie!!

SO spectacularly cute!! I LOVE the party hats turned upside down!! SO CLEVER!

Awesome spring colors, too!!

Glad you're having a nice weekend!

=)
Meredith

Silli said...

Angie...So very pretty...! Great colorcombo! :-) Bye, Silli

Donna Baker said...

what a fun card, Angie! glad you're have a relaxing weekend, I'm about to take it easy the rest of the day because this has been a doosy of a busy week for me!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! It's so fun to think outside the box in terms of stamp images. TFS!

Sara said...

so cute, and great out of the box idea!

Unknown said...

Hi Angie. I really like this banner. What a creative idea to turn your stamp upside down to make your banner! Your projects never cease to amaze me!

Erin McKinney said...

cute and clever!

Tara said...

gotta love the weather!! :)
this card is sooo cute and sooo creative of you!! I love it...I love the banner thing...you should pat yourself on the back too!! :)

Nancy Riley said...

Clever, clever, clever! LOVE the banner and sentiment/ribbon! Cool !!!

Lisa H. said...

I can't believe you've been able to resist PTI (I haven't been so strong) but I love how you used what you had to create this similar card. great colors and super cute card!