Thursday, April 10, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Friendly Flowers


Do you ever fuss with a card for hours and can never get it right?! That's how I felt Sunday when trying to make this card. I wanted to use this new K & Company ribbon I had bought at Michael's with my 50% off coupon and my new Lots of Dots wheel (I've had Friendly Flowers for quite awhile & not used, it's a hard one for me!). The wheel never worked and the ribbon barely did! (I started out trying to use the one with blue and green circles.) I finally gave up in frustration at 6:00 and went to make dinner and finish schoolwork to get ready for Monday. Then I came back Monday night and just threw this card together in about 15 minutes. Still didn't LOVE it, but at least it was done...a huge relief since I couldn't get anything I liked on Sunday. Here are some rejects and a picture of the ribbon.

Okay, I better run, bad storms and rain still...makes for a very unpleasant and sloooooow drive to work! Have a happy Thursday!

Recipe Stamps: Friendly Flowers. Cardstock: Pink Passion, Gable Green, Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White. Ink: Pink Passion, Green Galore. Accessories: Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, Slot Punch, 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" & 3/4" & Scallop Circle Punch, Heat & Stick Powder, retired glitter, Ticket Corner Punch, K & Company Margo felt ribbon, Dimensionals.

8 comments:

Sara said...

I think it turned out pretty cute!

Donna said...

I think it turned out cute too. And it's pink so I automatically love it.
Rain here too....lots of it.

~amy~ said...

I think your card turned out a-dorable!! Actually all of your cards are sweet!

Donna Baker said...

yes, I have and I usually leave it unfinished on my desk, sleep on it & mull it over for a day before 'maybe' going back to it! I think your card turned out super nice, though!!

Silli said...

OMG! very, very pretty. Bye, Silli

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you tried again for this card! I love the centered placement of the main blossom! So glad you finally inked this one up!

Nancy Riley said...

Angie, I am having problems with Friendly Flowers too! I fiddled and fiddled with it one night and nothing looked right. I think YOUR card is FANTASTIC ... very well done! After seeing your creation, I may have to pull it out and give it another try.

And btw ... YES, I have spent hours on ONE card on more than one occasion (ALL THE TIME!).

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Hi Angie!!

This ribbon is GORGEOUS!! And you did a great job! The colors just scream spring!

TFS!