Friday, April 11, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Be Inspired Challenge #8

Happy Friday!! Hooray! And I got a chance to try one of Beate's Inspiration Challenges last night. This is Inspiration Challenge #8 based on the picture below. (I love that dress, but it's definitely not made for a short, round person!) At first I started to replicate the inspiration piece very literally, but then decided to be a little more funky and have fun with it. I wanted to use a green ribbon originally for the flower stems, but I could not find one narrow enough with a color I liked, so I used the paper piercer to punch holes diagonally and make faux stitches.

Two last things...were any American Idol watchers shocked about Michael Johns going away last night? Boo! Hoo! I was worried about Brooke, so I voted for her, never dreaming Michael would be in trouble. I don't think he's the best, but he's definitely better than three others I can think of. Darn! And second...if you go to Starbucks I tried a new drink you might like. I usually get the White Mocha (I'm a sweetaholic!), but I tried one Caramel pump in place of one White Mocha pump, and it was the yummiest!! Another coffee shop I go to has a drink like that so not sure why I never thought to have Starbucks try one like that.

Okay, that's it for now! I'm afraid I'm going to regret staying up until 12:30 last night...somehow convinced myself that it would be okay since I had a 30 minute nap and today would be Friday. The kids will be testing this morning, then I'm interviewing new teachers for next year from 12:00 on, so I guess I'll make it! Hope you have a great Friday!


Recipe Stamps: Always. Cardstock: So Saffron, Night of Navy, Whisper White, Jersey Shore & East Coast Prep DSP. Ink: So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Versamark, and Always Artichoke marker. Accessories: Heat & Stick Powder, Heat Gun, Light Blue Fine Cosmo Glitter, Dimensionals, Navy Grosgrain Ribbon, 1" Circle Punch, Paper Piercer, small orange brad from Target $1 Spot.

8 comments:

~amy~ said...

SUPER cute card! Love it!!! Great colors and perfect glitter-age! I'm going to try to join in that challenge..cute dress:)

Lori said...

Very cute card Angie Bangie!

Lor

Silli said...

OMG! I love the colors and the bird is so cute. Great job! TFS:-)

Donna Baker said...

oooh, fabulous, Angie! I bet you would look better than you think in that slinky dress! I love your take on it using the Always bird & adore the punched circles! check my blog later I'm posting an award to you *smile*

Anonymous said...

Angie, that's beautiful! Although that brad in the birdie looks a little bit like you shot him in the heart. LOL
I hope you get another nap in today! It's FRIDAY! Wohoo!!
Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs and smiles

Connie Babbert said...

Great job with the inspiration challenge! And yes, I was VERY surprised that Michael left last night. From his face, he was pretty surprised and dismayed also!

Tara said...

ohhh....love this card...glad you decided to go funky and play around with it! love the faux stitching and the glittery bird!
I am sooooo sad about Michael Johns...I had the same shocked look as Paula! I thought exactly the same thing....not the best but way better than a few that are still there...hope we will here something soon! :)

Donna said...

The other day when I was driving down the highway singing ABBA music at the top of my lungs, you happened to pop into my head and I was thinking "I picture Angie as being a tall person but I bet she's short!" Ha