Sunday, August 19, 2007

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Scrapbook Sunday #1


Well, it wasn't easy, it's not too good, but I did it: I made a scrapbook page for my new "Post a Scrapbook Page on Sunday" challenge (Beate had the idea and I followed along). I think it is going to be a good challenge, because it forced me to sit down yesterday and scrapbook!

It took me one hour and forty-five minutes from beginning to completion (while watching Pride & Prejudice for the 3rd time this week), and that includes from the time I sit down and went through some photos deciding what to use. I don't know about some of you, but that is a record for me. Usually I agonize over placement and embellishment decisions for days. So yes, it's not my best work, but I'm thrilled I finished, and I can actually see maybe getting some stuff done this way!

Do you like that little circle ring around the number 3? Amy Yingling, Concept Artist extraordinaire for SU, taught that at Convention during her demonstration on using "type" on your projects. (You can see her page here.) She suggested it as a way to draw attention to a key letter on your scrapbook page, and I loved it. Just take your scrap of cardstock and punch a circle with a smaller circle punch. Then punch over that empty hole with a larger circle punch, and you've got a little ring! The ring can be thinner or thicker, depending on the sizes of your circle punches.

What about you? Do you have scrapbook pages to share today? Post the link in the Comments so we can check them out!

Also, check back later today as I have some great challenge cards to post from my Stamp Club members!

Recipe Stamps: Office Accoutrement, Typeset Alphabet Lower, Letterpress Alphabet, Totally Tabs. Card Stock: So Saffron 12x12 Textured, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, Notation DSP. Ink: Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, Certainly Celery. Accessories: Round Tab Punch, 1 1/4 inch and 1 3/8 inch Circle Punch, 5/8 inch Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, Stapler, Dimensionals.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie, you did it! I scrapbooked yesterday as well (I added it to all my Sunday entries and are now set up until some time in September). Mine took me about 2 hours. A record for me as well. Maybe this challenge is a good thing. And now with you joining...there is accountability!!! So I can't just slack off.
Love your page. Very fun!
And I thought we were bad, we are five in our family and have five computers. I think you win!!! Hugs!

AJ said...

Okay, OK!!! I will scrap some more!! You have totally inspired me to do so!
Your page is cute, and maybe I can start posting scrapped pages on Sunday's~ no promises!!

Anonymous said...

I love that you are a MAC user. Another thing we have in common!