Monday, August 27, 2007

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

It's Time for School!


Yeaaaa! It's the day we've been working so hard for...the children are returning to school! I'm really excited to get started! I worked all day Saturday in the classroom, even convinced dh to help me the last three hours. What a trooper he is! All I had to do was pay him off with fried chicken. (From the Colonel, of course, you know I don't cook and don't even get me started about touching raw meat, can't do it!)

These are some banners I made for my classroom. I didn't finish them until late Saturday night, so they'll have to be hung up first thing when I get to school this morning. Are they completely *necessary* for learning to take place? Probably not. But do they make me happy? Yes! And it's good for the teacher to be happy! *wink*

I made the little "flags" for the banner out of thin chipboard (the kind that comes in the SU Designer Series Paper packaging). I covered them with Foo-Fa-La back-to-school paper that I got in a small kit package at Wal-Mart for like $6.84. I love the Foo-Fa-La stuff designed by Teresa McFayden, she's the queen of foof, check her out. The letters were done with my Cuttlebug and the Flea Market alphabet. I planned on embellishing them more, but was feeling the time crunch, so left them pretty simple. I can always add "junk" later, right?!

I'll leave you with this picture of me at 3:01 today! Hope you have a great Monday!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Cute Classroom Banners! I am so glad that you got them finished.....Wish I would have had them to admire when I was in 3rd grade!

Love the picture of you at 3:01 on the first day of school!! It's going to be a great day!

Lor

Tara said...

so fun...yes..teachers need to be happy!! Hope the first day back is good for you!! love your little gal at the botttom...too funny!! :)

Nancy Riley said...

Wish I could have had a teacher like you when I was a kid! Sounds like you really enjoy your profession! I'd love to see your classroom ... I bet you have your crafty touches all over the place!

AJ said...

The banners are fabulous, and *of* course they will foster good learning!! Fabulous end of the day shot, hopefully you got recharged!

Tandra said...

Fabulous banners!! Great idea!!!