Friday, August 17, 2007

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

2 Little Birds

Thought we might as well continue on with the animal theme, and I'd post two more Dare to Get Dirty challenge cards. Are you sick of them yet?! I've only got a few left! I've tried to get enough cards ready to make it through school starting and the end of August. After September, who knows when I'll have anything to post again! I rarely had time to stamp last year during my first year of teaching, but "they" tell me it is easier the second year, so we'll see.

This first card is for JeanneS's paper piercing challenge. It's very simple, but I liked the way it turned out. It was my first time using Double-Line Doodles, which I had been dying to get every since they used it at Regionals last year and I couldn't attend.


This card is for JulieHRR's challenge done to the extreme: a one-layer card with an acetate window. I found Julie online years ago, and she's the one who helped me set up my Webshots gallery and directed me to Splitcoast. Besides being the Queen of simple, inventive, striking stamping, she's the nicest gal ever. I used the little bird from Fun & Fast Notes, a set that we received when attending Convention. This is not a set that I would have purchased on my own (I'm too lazy to watercolor normally, but am trying to improve that!), but I've actually used it several times now. I stamped the "thanks" on the acetate window and when you open it up, you see the bird is stamped and watercolored and the phrases continues "...I needed that."


Okay, time to go start packing it up! I'm off to stamp with my fabulous upline Jackie today and later attend a Crop from 6-midnight. That's a long day filled with stamping, hope I'm up to it! Have a wonderful Friday!

Recipe 1 Stamps: Double-Line Doodles. Card Stock: Whisper White, Petals & Paisleys DSP. Ink: Staz-On Black. Accessories: Pink Taffeta Ribbon, Old Olive Brad, Crafter's Tool Kit.

Recipe 2 Stamps: Fun & Fast Notes. Card Stock: Confetti White. Ink: Staz-On Black, Brocade Blue, So Saffron, Certainly Celery. Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, Aquapainters, 5/8 inch Brocade Blue Grosgrain Ribbon, Acetate Sheet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are going to have a blast tonight, Angie!!!

Love the cards! Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Angie - these cards are too cute! You are soooooooo talented!

Tara said...

love the simplicity of that card!! It's so cute...I love the "fat" ribbon!

Lori said...

Cute "Bird" cards!! I know a Bird that would love them!!!

Lor