Saturday, November 1, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Winter Post: Jen's SFYTT

Happy Saturday! I've had a slow start but am feeling better after 11 hours of sleep last night! Schwooo! That's a lot! I checked out some of the sketch challenges for the weekend and loved this week's Sketch For You to Try from Jen del Muro. I whipped this one up in less than 30 minutes, which helps restore my confidence after my failure with Kristina's challenge several nights ago! lol!

I used Winter Post and stamped the skaters in Chocolate Chip craft ink, then heat embossed with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder. Add a Felt Flurry and some rhinestone brads from the Pretties Kit, and voila! So quick and easy!

Have you seen this Where Women Create publication yet?!


I picked it up at Border's the other night, and it's fabulous! I had heard that Shelli Gardner's (CEO and co-founder of Stampin' Up!) home stamp studio would be featured, and I couldn't wait to see it! I had asked her last year at the SU Artisan dinner if she had everything in the SU catalog in her home stamp studio (she does!), and the way she described her room, it just sounded so special. The other rooms they feature in the publication are amazing too, I highly recommend it!

*edited to add: I just checked out Shelli's blog and she talks about this publication too, go check it out here!

Okay, off to work on some more projects! Hope your Halloween was awesome and you're having a great weekend! Oh, FYI, I did add the pumpkin bar recipe to the post below, and the mystery reading to the children went super, they really enjoyed it! I dressed up like a ghost with a red ball cap and read The Teeny Tiny Ghost, which allows for lots of great sound effects, so it was very fun. Even the 4th graders wanted to hear it and applauded. However, it was very hot under the sheet, and I am claustrophic, so I think I'll plan better next year! lol!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!

Recipe
Stamps: Winter Post, Warm Words.
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Ski Slope DSP.
Ink: Chocolate Chip Craft, Staz-On Brown.
Accessories: Felt Flurry, Corner Rounder, Pretties Kit, Paper Piercer Mat Pack, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Dimensionals.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always wondered that too! Of course, I never remember to ask her on those rare face to face occasions. Just one of the perks of being CEO! ~:-D

Shannan Teubner said...

This is gorgeous, girl!!

Beate said...

Beautiful card, Angie! I love how you overstamped the designer paper and added the sentiment (we had the same idea today, LOL)
Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs and smiles

SmilynStef said...

Love the stamping on the designer paper ... wonderful card.

Ann said...

OMGosh, Angie, LOVE this card! You rock, girl! :D

Thanks for the heads-up about the magazine. I've been wanting to read it, but didn't know it was out yet.

Nancy Riley said...

I'm soooo lovin' this card, Angie! GREAT JOB!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

oooh this is sooooo nice! i never work that great with pattern papers. this is wonderful inspiration!

Enjoli said...

Hi Angie! Very beautiful card! I love how you stamped on the DSP. =)

Becky Carafa said...

Love all the dp, and great layout!

Silli said...

Angie, your card is so beautiful. I love the snowflake and the scallopborder...;-) Your Designerpaper is perfect. Great job. Have a nice day.

~amy~ said...

FUN card angie...love the colors!

I JUST picked up the magazine this morning at Borders...all because I read about it on Shelli's blog...I've only read a smidge...I have a ton of crafting to do today but so far it is definitely inspirational...LOVE it.

Tara said...

love that stamped on dsp...very cute! I love the ski slope paper!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Angie! I love it when a card just flows together. You can tell your mojo was working on this one!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Your card is a Droolfest. I love that couple on the DP and the colours: WAY gorgeous. That publication looks so cool. Thanks for keepin us in the loop! :O)

Alex said...

Gorgeous Angie! I just love this stamp set, I have been playing with it all day making some Christmas cards - great minds think alike, huh?!! Love what you did here, just beautiful - and I saw Shelli's post earlier, and need to go and get my copy, I am sure it is fabulous!! Aaaahhhh, everything in the catty, I want to be HER when I grow up - LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Marilyn said...

I read her post, and I'm like you - I really want to see this magazine! Glad you got caught up on your rest - this card is amazing - I love this set Winter Post, it will probably go down as one of my fav Christmas sets!

Anonymous said...

My mom just ordered this set. I can't wait for it to get here so I can play. You've been killing me with it. My mom and I never order the same sets so we have plenty to share. I showed her a few of your cards and pushed her over the edge.

Brooke S said...

Angie,
I love the effect that the DSP has when stamped on. It look like the skaters are in a flurry of snow. I always love coming to your blog. Never disappointed always inspired.

Hugs
Brooke
Have a great week-end