Saturday, November 8, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Laura's Sketch #12: Holidays & Wishes


Happy Saturday! I barely made it with something today! Decided at 11:00 I better make a card for Laura's Sketch #12 over at 2 Sketches 4 You. I made the chipboard bird the other night for a different card, but it didn't work out, so luckily it was salvaged for tonight!

I made this paper rosette a different way, using one piece of paper. I had tried it before following Martha Stewart's instructions, but I think I was cutting the paper too wide maybe. I tried it again following Lisa Pace's instructions and it worked better. I cut the paper 1" x 12", then scored every 1/4", and glued the ends together. The center wants to pop up, but will stick down with a glue dot or strong adhesive.

Thank you so much for all of your well wishes for my past week and for your sympathy with my button spill! I wish some of you "Monk" (that cracked me up when Tara said it!) and OCD types lived closer and could come reorganize them for me. I'm ashamed to admit it, but they're still sitting there, behind the craft closet door, like that! I know once I start picking them up I'll be compelled to resort them too and just haven't been able to face it yet! lol! I did do a major clean-up on my stamping desk and my office desk today, though, so that feels really good now!

Okay, off to Bedfordshire again (the movie is Bridget Jone's Diary!). Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!

Recipe
Stamps: Holidays & Wishes
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, and Autumn Vine DSP.
Ink: Staz-On Brown.
Accessories: Rope Twine, Border Scallop Punch, Chocolate Chip Felt Flower, Chipboard Bird unknown, button RAK, thread, Glue Dots, and Dimensionals.

18 comments:

Ann said...

Oh, yummy! Love these colors, and the dimension and texture on this is fabulous! :D

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Love this and love that flower!!! I cna't wait to try one. ;)

Tina said...

Sorry you're having a rough week, I'm sure it will improve and hey the buttons, I'm sure they'd be nice eye candy all mixed in one container!

Silli said...

Oh Angie, your card is beautiful. Love the colors. The bird and the flower are very nice. Have a great sunday!

~amy~ said...

FABulous card...love the chipboard bird and the rosette...I'm over 375 blog posts behind...sigh...can't wait to read about your button story :)

Donna said...

Major card love! I like how 3D it is. A real sculpture.

Tara said...

does the cuteness ever end? that chipboard bird is sooo cute and I love the rope knot! I am glad to see that even though all your buttons are behind the door you are grabbing a few for you cards! :)

Anthonette said...

WOW! I mean really WOW! It's the ultimate Thanksgiving card. I love everything about it.

Savitri said...

Oh how GORGEOUS!!! Love that card... the birdie is just too too cute!!!

Personally, the winning card is great but I think this is a winner :)

Hope your lazy Saturday was followed by a great Sunday :)

Sara said...

Oh this card is beautiful! I love the flower!

chloe said...

SOO fabulous, I adore the rope (?) and you rock the paper rossette's girl!!

Juanita said...

another stunner. You are so amazing!

Becky Carafa said...

This is just gorgeous! I love it!

Catherine said...

WOW, another gorgeous card, Angie :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that chipboard bird is so cute! You found a great use for it on this card!

Marilyn said...

I love the chipboard bird - and the paper rosette - this is an awesome card!!

Anonymous said...

Love your big ol' crimped paper flower on this! ~:-)

Kerry D-C said...

oooooh! aaaaaaaaah! wow! this is gorgeous, Angie!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the paper rosette...I will have try this.