Saturday, November 29, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Kazan's Sketch #14: Glad Tidings

Happy Saturday! Dh just went to make us a salad for lunch so I snagged his computer to make a post...my desktop is too slow for my impatient self! And yes, we're back to salads after our Thanksgiving feast of the last two days! Although there is a wee bit of pumpkin pie left that I cannot let go to waste! lol!

I took a break from working on my bazaar/bizarre crafts earlier to make a card for Kazan's Sketch #14, always love doing the sketches over at 2 Sketches 4 You. I had been using a stamp from the retired Glad Tidings set, and I had some extras punched out in circles already, so I decided to use it. I love that "Cheers" part. For the Baja Breeze piece I used my new rectangle Nestabilities dies...I picked it up at Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon when I caved in yesterday and hit the craft stores! hee! hee! I'm fighting the urge to go back today for more, ouch!

While I was out hitting Michael's and Hobby Lobby (got tired out before making it to Joann's!), I also checked out the Stamp Asylum, a local stamp store in Plano. I try to go there a few times a year and see what's new and do my part to help them stay in business (hee! hee!), but the exciting part...I ran into Suzy and Tina!! It's so cool to meet blogging friends in real life! Waving "hi" to you, girls!

Okay, better dash, dh says the salad is ready, sigh. lol! Hope you are having a good holiday weekend! Thanks for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!

Recipe
Stamps: Glad Tidings (retired)
Cardstock: Red Riding Hood, Kraft, Baja Breeze, Bella Rose DSP.
Ink: Ruby Red craft.
Accessories: Red/Vanilla Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Linen Thread & needle, Paper Piercer & Guide, Dimensionals, Foofala buttons, Nestabilities Large Rectangle Dies.

23 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

oooh! This is too cute! I love that stitching and you make me think I need that candy cane ribbon! I think I'm gonna order it even if the holidays will be over soon!

Tina said...

Cute card, I love that ribbon.
Even tho I was tuckered and probably showed less enthusiasm than I felt, it was GREAT to meet you too. Funny thing, I just made pretty much the same comment on my blog! It's always nice to have a friend you never met before! :)

Tina

~amy~ said...

LOVE it Angie...my fav color combo...I NEVER get tired of that delish Riding hood red grosgrain...

Donna said...

Very cute! I love the big dots and yummy striped ribbon and of course the color combination. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, fabulous card! I love the stitching with linen thread around the border. How cool that you ran into blogging friends at the stamp store!

Shannan Teubner said...

Love your card! Hope you saved me some goodies at SA!

Unknown said...

Angie this is lovely - that ribbon is divine. Thanks for playing
Hugs
Kazan

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, LOVE that ribbon! Fabulous take on Kazan's sketch!

Anonymous said...

:: wave HI right back atcha ::

This card is so cute, Angie! I've been debating on the rectangle nesties and you may have just sold me on them!

Simply beautiful!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

OOh, this is gorgeous. I love the stitching. And I love the punched circle!

Savitri said...

Oh wow, this is GORGEOUS!!! Love love love this card!

I dunno, I didn't see anything at Joann's. Even at HB I just got some Copics and that was it. It was on sale. I am so weird this season, besides a Kindle, I don't want anything else.

Steph Jacobson said...

Love your card--the colors, the ribbon, everything!

chloe said...

TOTALLY cute Angie! I am loving the stitching!

Juanita said...

Love how the sentiment from Glad Tidings is punched out!
I did not decorate the many dozens of sugar cookies, but that was my original intent.
I wish Michaels carried Nesties, I would for sure use my coupons for that!

Unknown said...

LOVE this! The ribbon and oversized stitching are fabulous!

Eveline said...

What a lovely card.
Eveline.

**Nancy** said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love the touch of blue you gave it!! And the stitching is awesome!!!

Ann said...

I just love these colors, and the stripes and dots together are so fun!

p.s. I saw your card in the new issue of Paper Crafts--beautiful! Congrats! :D

Sherri said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card! It's stunning!!

Donna Baker said...

cute - love your stitching and you got so much mileage out of this dp huh??

Silli said...

OMG! I love the colors and the ribbon is so beautiful Angie this is art! Have a nice week. Bye, Silke

Marlou McAlees said...

such a fabulous card, love it :)

Alex said...

way cute Angie - love that striped ribbon, sooooo very yummy!!! Need to get mine out! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex