Sunday, November 30, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #8: Miracle on 34th Street


Happy Sunday! Have you guys checked out the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge blog by Brooke and Sankari? Well, it's really cool, especially if you watch a lot of movies while you stamp! I've been meaning to play along for awhile and when I saw this week's movie inspiration was Miracle on 34th Street, I knew I had to join in! **Edited to add: I picked the right week to join in, they are even offering a Blog Candy drawing for participating! You have until Thursday, December 4th at 9 p.m. PST. to post your card, so go get busy!

I knew I wanted to do something with "I believe" and Santa Claus, but I could barely find a Santa Claus stamp! I dug around and found one that had been a $1 stamp from Michael's, several years ago I think. See, it does pay off to save everything! lol! I knew I might use it...someday! I think the Santa would have been cute with a brown scallop circle behind him in the chocolate chip polka dot Bella Rose paper, but I was too lazy to do one the old-fashioned way (making a Coluzzle circle and punching around it with the Slit Punch). See, this is why I need the Scallop Circle Nestabilities next! hee! hee! The finished card size is 3 1/4" x 6 1/2".

Hope everyone has a great Sunday! I can't believe the Thanksgiving week went by so fast, sigh. Back to school tomorrow, but only 3 more weeks until Christmas vacation! Yippee! Thanks for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!

Recipe
Stamps: Classic Alphabet (retired); Santa $1 Michael's stamp.
Cardstock: Red Riding Hood, Kraft, Whisper White, Bella Rose DSP.
Ink: Staz-On Brown, Craft White, Red Riding Hood.
Accessories: Blender Pen, Aquapainter, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Alpine striped ribbon originals.

18 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

Cute, Angie! You certainly captured the theme of the movie with this one! GREAT job!

Sherri said...

That's perfect for this week's challenge! I love it! ...and that ribbon is gorgeous!!

chloe said...

THIS IS TOTALLY CUTE ANGIE!! THAT LIL SANTA IS SO SWEET!

Sankari W. said...

Love your great card Angie! I love the way that you did the lettering and the ribbon is awesome! And I had to laugh at your description at find the stamp from several years ago - you are totally right - it does pay to save it all - as I have been trying to tell my DH! LOL! Your santa is totally cute and love the sentiment that you created!!!
Thanks so much for playing along in these weekly challenges!!!
Hope you are having a great sunday!!!

Best wishes,
Sankari :)

zukesgirl said...

Fits the movie perfectly!

Great card

Anonymous said...

This is so cute, I love this santa!! Maybe santa will leave you nesties in your stocking!! :)

Ann said...

Love it! I can hear Susan saying, "I believe, I believe, it's silly but I believe..." :)

Donna Baker said...

Yeah, at least you have Christmas break to look fwd to (why didn't I become a teacher?!?) love your card, too cute. one of these days I'll participate in the cinema challenge

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

This is wonderful, Angie! I love the I believe sentiment in bold like that & that ribbon is fab. Be well, Amy.

Silli said...

Angie, your card is so beautiful. I love the santa and the ribbon. Great job! Hugs from Silli

Anonymous said...

What a cute card! I love it! I also love your blog and that's why I nominated you for a Kreative Blogger award! Check out my blog for details!

~Jackie

Anonymous said...

Oh for cute! I love santa stamped on the kraft cardstock. Did you know the scallop from the Sizzix pennant die fits behind the 1 3/4" circlue punch? I just thought I would enable you.

Alex said...

Fabulous card Angie!!! I love that santa face and you captured the movie totally in this card!!

Hey, I saw your card in this month's Papercrafts - whoohoo for you, girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

This is too cute Angie! I just love the I believe you have across the top. I hope you had a fantastic weekend!

Savitri said...

Awesome card!! SUPER DUPER CUTE!!!!!

Becky said...

Great card! I love that Santa!

Kathryn said...

Super CUTE -- love that Santa -- he's perfect! :)

Jules said...

What a cute card! Love that ribbon too!