Friday, November 7, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

True Friend


Happy Friday! Mostly happy because this week is coming to a close! I did some surfing tonight and then remembered at 10:30 that I needed to finish the card I started yesterday morning at 6 a.m. for Beate's Be Inspired Challenge #30. (Remember, the one I had the idea for while blow drying my hair Thursday morning?) Hmmm, now that I see the inspiration piece again, not so sure what I was doing. Typical for this week! lol!

Take a look at the button tragedy down below, sigh. It was a bad spill Thursday night. Yes, each color used to be in its own little square inside the container. This is just one little example of how my week has been! lol!

I am excited to get started on some projects this weekend, and I just know things are going to turn around! Did you see that "12 Days of Christmas" box over to the right on my blog? It's a month-long holiday workshop being offered online by Lisa Pace. She does amazing stuff, so I signed up for it and highly recommend it, especially if you love the vintage look.

I'm off to Bedfordshire (do you know what movie that's from?!). Sleep tight! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!

Recipe
Stamps: True Friend, Occasions Collection.
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Urban Garden DSP.
Ink: Basic Gray.
Accessories: Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Baja Breeze Designer Button, Cutter Kit, Big Shot, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder.

20 comments:

chloe said...

No way, thats a serious button tradgedy!! I so hate it when that happens, 'specially cos my fingers are so clunky that it is such an effort just to get the buttons in the case in the first place!! Hope the rest of your week goes better!

I am loving the humongous flower on this card!

Alex said...

Oh my, bad button spill for sure, lol!!! I HATE when I do that! Your card is a beauty though, I love the colors, and that flower is fabulous!! Have a good weekend, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Catherine said...

button spill...that's so normal to me...LOL! I drop everything. Anyway, your card is so pretty. That's one gorgeous flower :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!! I've been making those flowers out of circles for scrapbook pages and need to put one on a card!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Crystal said...

Oh my!! don't you hate it when that happens!! Sorry about your week hope it gets better!! Your card is beautiful, I LOVE the way you did the flower!!!

Emily said...

Love your stuff!!! I had a quick question, on your top note cards did you use something other that than the stampin up top note die? to get the 2 layers?

Anonymous said...

Ooh, love that torn paper flower! I can totally relate to the button mess. Some days I just have the dropsies and everything goes wrong.

Ann said...

Oooh, sorry about the button fiasco! I hate it when that happens. Cute card, though! I need to make one of those flowers--so adorable! :D

Kelli said...

That happened with my ribbon, I paid my kids to sort it out for me.

Juanita said...

I am sure it is a lot of work to clean up, but the button spill looks sort of pretty.
The card is really great.

Michelle Tech said...

I love your card and the new blog to look at...wow!

I feel for you with your button tragedy, but I'm also going to try to one-up you...how about approximately 30 sets of my son's Legos that needed to be sorted? Took 2 FULL days...my OCD kicked in and I couldn't quit sorting! At least I have the weekend to stamp now!

Tara said...

oh my gosh...I love it! I love the huge circle flower!! I am into the distressed circles right not...I feel a case coming on!!
hope next week is better for you...so sorry about the button tragedy...the Monk in me wants to come up there and clean it all up for you! :)

Donna said...

Cute card! Of course. I also want to straighten up that button box. Must....have....order.

And NO I don't know what movie that line is from. Do tell!

Marilyn said...

Love the simplicity of the card and the torn flowers - these are gorgeous! My cat knocked my button container over once, and my hodgepodge hardware too for that matter - he loves to play with them. So I feel your pain! LOL!

Silli said...

very nice Angie!

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous card...love the BG and KK! Sorry about your button mishap...couldn't you bring them to your classroom and call it a sorting project?lol

Anthonette said...

The card is great...nice color combo. I LOVE, Love, love the look of the distressed circles. It also reminds me that I don't have a distressing tool.

Lisa H. said...

ooooo, the buttons :( you know we all feel your pain! OUCH! But, the card is fabulous. I love that little paper flower, it is adorable.

Pegg S said...

I love the look of the flower! I'm sorry about your buttons. I love that line from the movie - I could watch that movie over and over again. It's one of my all time favorites - mostly because of Mark Darcy! :)

Anonymous said...

Aww... poor buttons. Poor you!

Hope this week is going better!

~:-)