Wednesday, November 19, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Peace Gable Box


Happy Wednesday! Thank you for all of your comments and well wishes on my last post. My, I never dreamed I would have so much competition for my Edward though! A few replies on some of your comments: Megan, yes, they are VERY addicting, so don't start reading if you have anything else you might have to get done (like feed your children or take a shower!)...Jen made the comment about using a receipt for a bookmark and I used a Marshall's one, glad I'm not the only one!...Chelle, I agree, book 2 was a little boring to me too because it had a long, lack-of-Edward part in the middle and it was making me SO mad!...and the rest of you, I will be the only one running away with Edward! hee! hee!

Okay, back to stamping...sorry for the detour (well, not really!). This little gable box I started on last night for our 2nd stamp club project. It's not *exactly* like I had envisioned, but I hope the girls still like it. I had a bunch of these gable boxes left over from when SU sold them, and they really do make nice gift boxes, this is the largest one. I stamped some several years ago for famly members, and it's nice to see them get reused and passed to someone else every year.

I used the Ski Slope DSP and the Join in the Cheer die with the Big Shot (Vina's request!). I bought the snowflake dies last month with the intention of using them, but it didn't end up that way, sigh. Maybe next month, right?! I just couldn't resist using the BIG felt flurries, they were perfect for this box. I find the big ones a little hard to use on cards, they're probably best for scrapbook pages and gift packaging or home decor projects. Have you made anything with the big ones yet? Do share!

Okay, I'm off to blurf a bit, I'm still way behind and I'm dying to check out some super cute stuff out there! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!

Recipe
Stamps: Best Yet level 1 hostess set.
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Red Riding Hood, Whisper White, Ski Slope DSP.
Ink: Red Riding Hood.
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Small & Large Tag Punch, 1/8" Circle Punch, Red Riding Hood 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Join in the Cheer die, Big Shot, Large Felt Flurry, Jumbo Eyelet, Crop-a-Dile, Vintage Brad, Glue Dot, Dimensionals.

21 comments:

Christina Ammann said...

wow, eine tolle und schöne Box. Mir gefällt das gestreifte Papier sehr gut. Sieht Klasse aus.
En liebe Gruess
Christina

Michelle Tech said...

Oooh, very cool box! Thanks to you, I used my Borders birthday coupon on the the first Twilight book...I have no idea what they are about, but I'm in...

~amy~ said...

FAbulous Gable box...you just can't go wrong with those colors!

Alex said...

I love this box - it's fabulous, Angie!! I am sure your club gals are going to love it too!! I didn't know SU! used to carry these, I wish they still did, they are really cute!!! And, you used my absolute two FAVE embellishments, Felt Flurries and the Jumbo Eyelet - LOL! Love it! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jen said...

super cute box! i just used that "peace" for my card class today...it's got a lot of possibilites!:) i love the box...wish i had a few to decorate! great job...oh, and no my dear, you are mistaken...edward is MINE! i read the frist 3 books in less than a week...and then had to wait forever for the 4th...i wish i could get to the movie...but it won't come to germany for a few months...enjoy it for me!

Silli said...

Angie, your box is so sweet... I love the pp and the color from the box. Great job. Have a nice day!

Crystal said...

This is so cute, I keep kicking myself for not splurging on these snowflakes every time I see them!! Thanks for reminding me of the die, I totally forgot about it!!

Marilyn said...

This is a wonderful gift box - I still have a bundle of those left over too - right - well guess I need to get those out of the closet, dusted off and put to good use! Thanks again for inspiration!

Tara said...

love the box...I didn't realize the big snowflakes were so big...I like 'em!! :)

Kerry D-C said...

What a scrumptious project!!! bet you fill that with a bunch of yummy cookies too!

Savitri said...

Nice! Love the box and how you decorated it. I want a snowflake like that :)

Juanita said...

Love that box.
So, now I will add the twilight series to my ridiculously long reading list. I have been ignoring that series, but I see I can no longer.

Megan said...

Super cute box! I am loving the Ski Slope DSP. And, thanks for the advice, I will wait till Thanksgiving weekend when I can have a good day to myself! :)

chloe said...

This is just gorgeous Angie!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
We dont have the felt flurry snowflakes here dang it!! Cos they are so super cute!!

Ann said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors and the snowflake!

p.s. You can have Edward to yourself. I plan on running away with Daniel Craig. :P

Anonymous said...

So pretty! I haven't used any of my big Snow Flurries yet. I wish we still sold these gable boxes. They were such a nice quality.

Enjoli said...

This is a super cute box! TFS! =)

Jessica said...

Super cute! love the details!

trisha too said...

NEAT box--i love the felty snowflakes!

:)

Catherine said...

very cool, Angie :)

Brooke S said...

Love the Box.. What a great neighbor/teacher gift box this would make...

P.s. You have been tagged.. Not a big scary on... just s quick fun one.

Hugs
Brooke