Tuesday, November 11, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Kazan's Sketch #13: Vintage Scrappy Card

Happy Tuesday! Hope everyone survived the storms without too much harm! It only seemed to harm my head around here! lol! I should have went to bed at 10:00, but I hadn't done any creating all evening and thought I better just make one little card!

I wandered over to one of my favorites sites, 2 Sketches 4 You, and tried Kazan's Sketch #13. I didn't feel any stamp sets calling my name, so I played with some vintage goodies that my friend and downline Valerie gave me back last month on our scrapbooking retreat. Don't you love that fabulous lady?! It's an old playing card. I thought it would be a sweet card to send to my grandparents.

Okay, chumlies, gotta run. (Chumley is one of my dh's words!) Thanks for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!

Recipe
Stamps: none!
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Holiday Happenings level 3 hostess DSP.
Ink: none!
Accessories: Baja Breeze 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Vintage Brads, Pretties Flower, Dimensionals, stapler, needle/thread. Unknown items from RAKS: vintage playing card, button, Hug ticket, and polka dot flower.

30 comments:

~amy~ said...

What a fun card...love how you used the vintage playing card and the ticket....Great job!

Donna said...

Okay, now you've sent me completely over the top! You know how I love vintage. I LOVE THIS CARD! I feel a bit inspired to make a card now and I don't make cards.

Tara said...

super cute idea to use a playing card...love that! :) I like that ticket too!

Juanita said...

This is a really cute vintage card. That playing card is adorable.

Nancy Riley said...

WOW! Angie, you've done wonders with the playing card by choosing the perfect colors, embellishments and layouts! GREAT job and FANTASTIC card!

Lauren said...

Such a fabulous vintage card! I love the ticket embellishment.

Anonymous said...

Cute card! I love the ticket with the word hug on it underneath the lady too.

sarahw said...

Angie, I love the card, it has such a great feel to it. (does that make sens?) Sometimes it is nice to scrap a card instead of stamp. TFS By the way I just finished Twilight and can't wait to read the next one.

chloe said...

I LOVE vintage scrappy! SUPER duper cute :)

Alex said...

Oh my Angie!!! This is jaw-dropping cute!!!! You AMAZE me, girl! I LOVE THIS!!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown said...

Angie this is gorgeous. Your cards always seem to have that WOW! factor. I love how bright and vintagie this is.
Thanks for playing
Hugs
Kazan

Unknown said...

Great card! Love that vintage image.

Unknown said...

LOVE that playing card image.. great take on the sketch this week!!

Tina said...

Original and so creative, i love this, your grandparents are sure to enjoy!

Lori said...

Very cute card! I need to do something cute with my playing card too!

Lor

Frida said...

Wow, I like this card very much !!!
I love the playingcard !

Danielle said...

Great card!

Anonymous said...

I swear!
Honestly ... I saw this pic in the "50's ... 0r 60's ... in ads ... my Mom was with me ... must have been "print ads" ... You have definitely done the right thing with these images!!! omgosh!!!

Christina Ammann said...

Eine wunderschöne Karte.
LG Christina

Silli said...

very, very pretty Angie, love the colors and the imgae is so beautiful. Have a great day!

Savitri said...

So so pretty! Love the vintage look to this card. Awesome!!! I think I need to buy some new stamps... Not too many have been calling me lately. Hubby said that's a lame excuse :)

Eveline said...

It's beautiful, I love the vintage lady.
Eveline.

Emily said...

Thanks for stopping by and for your advice, I'll be ordering my top note soon, as soon as there off back order....if ever...I will try to keep updating my blog after I take my ONCC test...I do love your Fabulous lady!!!

Anonymous said...

Great love the lady and the ticket

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Beautiful! I love that vintage image.

Kristen Swain said...

love that vintage card! and the ticket with it- just gives that extra touch! great card!
kris

Enjoli said...

Love this vintage card!! Super cute and great color combo too. =)

Martha said...

Oh wow, this is beautiful. I love vintage cards.
Martha

lauren bergold said...

♥LOVE♥ it!
(looooooove it!!!)

Anonymous said...

So pretty! I love the colors! That vintage image is wonderful!