Tuesday, November 25, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Kristina's Color Inspiration #32: Always

Happy Tuesday! It's so great to be on Thanksgiving vacation already! Yesterday I had to finish up reading Breaking Dawn, the 4th book in the Twilight series (I did NOT like it although it got a little better half way through) then I went to see the Twilight movie with some non-Twilight reader friends. The movie was TERRIBLE, in my humble opinion, bad acting, bad directing, etc. and now these friends will never understand how good the book is, sigh. Oh well! But if you liked the movie, I'm happy for you, I wish I would have!

Anyway, finally cleaned up the stamp room a little bit today and made this card for Kristina's Color Inspiration #32. Again, I would never have put these colors together, but I loved them (I always love the more monochromatic look): Red Riding Hood, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, and Whisper White. This turned out a little plainer than I had hoped for, I think I should have stamped the bird on Red Riding Hood designer series paper instead of solid cardstock maybe? The bird is from the Always set, you might remember when I made him a solid color back from this post.

Well, I just worked out (I know, a miracle! Trying to make the most of this vacation and start back on some good habits), and now I better clean up and run a couple of errands before some stamp club girls come over tonight. Hope you're all having a great week and having fun getting ready for Thanksgiving. Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!

Recipe
Stamps: Always
Cardstock: Red Riding Hood, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, and Notebook DSP (retired).
Ink: Versamark.
Accessories: Old Saint Nick Rub-Ons, White Embossing Powder, Versamarker, Heat Tool, Spiral Punch, Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon, Red Riding Hood Designer Button, Dimensionals, white thread.

22 comments:

Lauree said...

love the bird. very clean and elegant looking card, nice job!

Kara said...

I love this card. Very simple, yet sophisticated. Have a wonderful holiday!
Kara

Juanita said...

Glad to see a new creation from you. I think it looks fantastic.

Alex said...

Beautiful card Angie!! Working out??? What's that??? Oh yeah, I have been meaning to do that too - LOL! Hope you have fun at stamp club tonight, mine is next week!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

chloe said...

Fab card Angie! And go you working out!!!

Brandi said...

Very nice card. I will have to dust off that stamp set and try it out. Great job!

~amy~ said...

Okay, how stinkin' coolio is this card??!!!! FAB-u-lous Angie!!! Woo hooo for being on vaca...and for working out...you go sista!

Donna Baker said...

nice - going to have to try this color combo! I always miss it! love your layout too! Happy Thanksgiving

Lisa Brown said...

Very nice, Angie. Love the layout!

Silli said...

hmmmm! This is great Angie, I love the little bird...and the colors from your card! Hugs from Silke

Anonymous said...

great job

Lori said...

Are you kidding me? No mention of our visit with Santa Claus? That was the best part of the evening!

Lori

Love the card!

Anonymous said...

I love the clean lines on your card and the embossed bird.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

Marilyn said...

Wow - I LOVE these colors together and what a great card you've created too!! The embossing on this card is just fabulous!! Good for you for working out - I wish I could say the same - it is more fun to sit at the computer though LOL!! Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

Savitri said...

Cute card!!! Have a great Thanksgiving. I'm going to brave traffic and be out and about tomorrow :) Enjoy your time off!

Deanna said...

Great card, love all the little details!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Great card, Angie! I'm reading the Twightlight series now...giddy-up.

Kimberlee said...

Love the bird and the clean feel of the card. :)

Mary said...

Ooooh, I love it!

Sankari W. said...

love the clean crisp feeling - beautiful and simple and lovely!! hope you are having a great weekend!!
best wishes,
Sankari :)

Jessica said...

love your card!

Lori said...

Great job on this challenge!