Thursday, November 6, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Kristina's Color Inspiration #29: True Friend


Happy Thursday! Hope everyone is having a good week! Sorry I missed a few days there. I broke down Tuesday after school and went to the doctor...got some medicine for the sinus infection, so am hopefully on the road to recovery now.

After dinner tonight, I took a short 30 minute nap and then got up and decided to try Kristina's Color Inspiration #29. It's a doozy: Pacific Point, Taken with Teal, Elegant Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White. They came together better than I expected. I have to admit, though, I went to my retired In Colors looking for Elegant Eggplant and couldn't find it. It's a current Rich Regal! Oops! What kind of SU demo does that make me?! One who never uses Elegant Eggplant, I guess! As far as that goes, I've maybe used Taken with Teal once in the last year, and I'm sure it was for a challenge card too! lol! But that's why these challenges are good, they make you go outside of your usual, predictable comfort zone.

Is it refreshing to see the old "True Friend" stamp set again?! I'm trying to break out some oldies. While blow drying my hair this morning, I actually had an idea for Beate's Inspiration Challenge, so I ran to my stamp room and started on it, using the True Friend stamp set. Somehow I thought I *might* be able to make a card, photograph the card, edit the photograph, upload it to the blog, and write a blog post all in 15 minutes. Ummm, it didn't happen! lol! I did almost finish the card, which is something for me, I'm usually so slow. I'll go finish it here in a little bit, decided I wanted to try Kristina's challenge before the deadline.

Schwooo! I'm very wordy tonight, sorry! Off to go watch Survivor with dh. Thank heavens for dvr and fast forwarding through commercials! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!

Recipe
Stamps: True Friend. Cardstock: Pacific Point, Elegant Eggplant, Taken with Teal, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, and Ghastly Greetings DSP. Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point. Accessories: Pacific Point 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Photo Corner Punch, Only Orange Eyelet, Eyelet Setter, Dimensionals.

33 comments:

Becky said...

WOW! Your card is gorgeous! I totally love it!

Kate's Life said...

Beautiful! Love how crisp and clean this looks!

Heather M said...

Great card. I love the crisp look of the card!

kana said...

This is spectacular :D

Anonymous said...

OH I love your card it is gorgeoous! "REALLY"!

Sankari W. said...

Angie - your card is just beautiful. the flower in the center is just beautiful - the photo corner really ties the card all together - just beautiful!
best wishes,
Sankari

ohradiogirl said...

I so love that ribbon. It just brings it all together.

Anonymous said...

Oh I definitely agree! I'm tickled to see this set again! Shamefully, it probably has a layer of dust on the case .. even in the cabinet! And the color challenge is perfect for this! You knew that ... I know you did! Please get better quick! I hate thinking that you're battling a sinus infection! ((((hugs))))

Tara said...

you did a fantastic job with the challenge!! :) I love it...i need to pull out my friend stamps too...they haven't seen ink in a real long time!
hope you are felling better!!

chloe said...

Wow you did so well pulling this together in 15 mins! I am loving what you did with the combo!
Your comments about the elegant eggplant cracked me up...yeah I am a demo too and I only had 2/5 of the challenge colours!!

Kari said...

Fantastic job!! Love how you used the colors!! Wonderful layout too!

Catherine said...

Angie, way to go with these colors. very pretty and yes, nice to see this set...so gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

This card is absolutely stunning

Silli said...

Angie, your card is so elegant. I love the imgae, the flower is so beautiful. Love it so much! Have a great weekend...;-) Big hugs...

~amy~ said...

Fun card Angie...one of my Fav sets....

Lisa Brown said...

Awesome card! I love this set, too!

Megan said...

Great card! I love everything about it! :)

Ann said...

Love this LO, Angie! Great use of Kristina's colors, too! :D

Jill said...

Very nice. Great layout and details!

Juanita said...

I backed off this color inspiration. Guess I didn't have the guts to take it on. You did an amazing job.
Hope you are feeling better.

Deanna said...

Love it Angie, so clean looking!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what happened to you Angie. I'm glad to hear you are on the road to recovery.

You rocked this color challenge Angie!

Nancy Riley said...

OMG! Angie, you worked wonders with the challenge colors! You'll be in Kristina's Top Picks for sure with this one! Love the way you used the "thank U" ... clever!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

love this !!!!the colors are just beautiful with this stamp image!!!tfs:)
chat

Marilyn said...

I love this set and haven't used it in ages - you did an awesome job with it!! I need to pull this one out, dust it off and put it to good use!

Anthonette said...

That's funny that most of us only pull out these colors when we have to. I'm the same. Taken with Teal and Elegant Eggplant are not colors I think of regularly. You did a great job with the challenge! Hope you're feeling better

Nancy Riley said...

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! This card is in Kristina's Top Picks! Congrats, Angie!!!!!

Anthonette said...

Congrats, Angie!! Thanks for the very sweet comments on my blog.

Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely card. I love how you used the colors. Congrats!

Savitri said...

Awesome, awesome!! You made top 15! Great card, well deserved!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Angie!

Unknown said...

you go, girl! you made kw's top 15! awesome job...what a great card!

Kerry D-C said...

Wow Angie! these colors are fab!! Great card!