Tuesday, November 4, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Glad Tidings "Peace"


Happy Tuesday! Did everyone survive Monday and going back to work after a sugar-infested weekend?! lol! I was still pooped tonight, I'm not sure how, and didn't get a darned thing done! Ugh! Luckily I made this card Sunday with my leftover circles from this card and a leftover bird in my "parts pile".

The bird is made with the Big Shot and the SU exclusive Birds & Blooms Sizzlits die out of the Ski Slope DSP. The circles were punched out of the snowflake image from the retired Perfect Presentation hostess stamp set, and the "peace" is from the retired Glad Tidings Christmas set. Guess I ended up using lots of retired stuff, ooops! I love that Glad Tidings set, and I barely got to use it the last two years when I was a regular classroom teacher (NO time then!), so I need to make up for it now, right?!

I won't say "Don't forget to vote!" because how could you, there's election talk everywhere! lol! I will say this, we early voted last week, and for the first time in my voting history, I got teary in the polling booth. Something about seeing the name of my candidate for President, all these feelings just came rushing over me, feeling hopeful and excited and proud for our future.



You can get some super cool "I Voted" buttons from the fabulous Delaney here.

I hope you have a great Tuesday! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!

Recipe
Stamps: Glad Tidings, Perfect Presentation.
Cardstock: Whisper White, Ski Slope DSP.
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Red Riding Hood, Baja Breeze, Staz-On Brown.
Accessories: Kiwi Kiss 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, 1/2" Circle Punch, Big Shot, Birds & Blooms Sizzlits Die.

26 comments:

Tara said...

this is a fabulous card!! so simple! I love the bird and the ribbon down the side! I see a case coming! :)

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

I really like the simplicity of this card and how multiples can easily be made! Thanks for the inspiration!

~amy~ said...

Angie, what a fabulous cas card! I love it!

Crystal said...

Such a great scraps card!! I love when I can use my scraps to make a card, especially when you can't tell it was from your scrap pile!! Love it!

Sara said...

love this simple card! Great colors!

Silli said...

wow, Angie, your card is so beautiful. Love the colors...;-) Simple but soooo cute! Hugs...Silke

Anonymous said...

Love this! I don't see enough done with this bird so I'm loving seeing it on your card!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

love, love this !!!!!what a cute and simple design and a definite WOW!!!tfs:)
chat

chloe said...

I am Loving this, so simple and perfect!!!!
We are all watching and waiting over here to see who makes president. I think its bigger news over here than our upcoming election lol!!

Krista said...

I love this simple card ! Great job !

Catherine said...

love the simplicity of this card

trisha too said...

pretty!!!

:)

(yep, ate too much candy, AND voted!)

Anonymous said...

What a cute card! The circles and bird just pop. I love it!

Alex said...

Very simple but very cute, love this Angie!! And yep, I voted too! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Arrrrrgh!! Angie! You know that I adore & admire simplistic styles! I'm incapable of mastering this art... and here you go again ... I LOVE this!

Anonymous said...

And yes! I early voted!
For the first time in a long time, I didn't even have to wait in line!!! OMGosh!
*grin*

Donna said...

"Simply" beautiful. I love it.
I still have some candy corn that I need to ingest today and then our Halloween candy is gone.
And yes I voted and I'm a happy camper today!

Lauren said...

Great card! Love using leftovers...the colors are fab together.

Ann said...

There are those beautiful circles again! Love the little birdie, too! :D


p.s. I'm giving away blog candy if you're interested...

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Hi! Since you have so cute designs, I gave you an award over at my blog. I hope you don't mind!

Savitri said...

Hey, awesome card! Hope you're having a great week!!!

Anonymous said...

#1. Oh yes ... I voted early ... to the tune of 'no waiting'!! OMG!

#2. Seriously ... you are mastering the 'simplicity' approach ... and this friend is definitely jealous!! WOW!

Megan said...

I am so behind on your blog. :) So many cute things...but I love this cards....I love how simple it is and I love the bird! :) You are awesome! Thanks for sharing your awesomeness with us! :)

Beate said...

Gorgeous card! I LOVE It.
Hugs and smiles

Lisa H. said...

oooo, oooo! I am totally casing this, Angie. I love everything abou it. simple, and sweet!

Kerry D-C said...

This clean looking card is LOVELY! Great job!