Wednesday, July 25, 2012

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Perfectly Penned: Thank You




Happy Wednesday! My 3rd day back to work, preparing training for In Service, but I'm kind of enjoying it. Shhhhh, don't tell anyone! 

I've been in need of some thank you cards so I whipped this up for a couple dear to me. I used the Unscripted Sketch #168. A few more layers and details than my normal, hmmm. I was staring at my plain cotton twill ribbon and was struck with the idea that it needed chevrons, so through the Big Shot it went. Very cool. Definitely need to try with more embossing folders and maybe inked up embossing folders? I've always been afraid of (too lazy for) the mess, but it may be worth it.



Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!






14 comments:

kathleenh said...

Ooh, that embossed ribbon is cool! Such a fun touch on your card too!

~amy~ said...

aren't you just the smarty pants...embossing ribbon...genius...looks fab and so does your card!

SmilynStef said...

Embossed ribbon ... so very clever ... love the stitching too ... so glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

Deanna said...

Very kewl Angie!

Tami Grandi said...

I LOVE the colors of this!

Kelly Griglione said...

No way! Why haven't I thought of that?! I love your embossing on twill! What a fantastic idea, can't wait to try it. Thanks Angie!

Bonnie said...

What a great idea to emboss twill ribbon! I've got some wide twill in my stash that needs this treatment! Thanks for the idea!

Tascha said...

Hi Angie,
I love chevrons and your card looks amazing. The stiching is great and I like the pattern paper .
Have a great weekend
Kidn regards
Tascha

Libby said...

What a neat idea embossing your twill! I will have to give this a try! Love it!

Geri said...

So, I was thrilled with the stitching (truly love stitching on cards)...but then when I saw what you did with the twill tape, I was totally in awe of your cleverly creative ability! Great mix of paper and brads! So glad that you chose to play along with our Unscripted Sketch and also that you shared this sweet ribbon idea with us!

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

What a great idea to emboss the twill ribbon! It creates a great effect! TFS!

CherylAnn Robinson said...

Love the embossed ribbon and how your patterns work so well. Thanks for playing at Unscripted sketches.

StephG said...

gorgeous card..love the colors and the details on the card! Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches.

Cindy Major said...

That embossed ribbon is the most clever thing ever!!!! Wouldn't have thought to try it... Thanks so much for sharing that tip!