Monday, July 9, 2012

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

CAS-ual Fridays #60: Text Me



It's time for CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #60: Text Me! Create a CAS project using text! Easy and fun, right?! For my card, I went to the Wordle website, you've probably heard of it, right? You can enter your own text or a URL and it creates a "word cloud" for you. You can change the font, direction, color, etc. It's really fun to play with! I made this card for a special bloggy friend, so I used the link to her blog (Do you see any clue words from her blog to figure out who she is?!) and then played around with the different fonts. I ended up liking this one because the shape looked like a dress, then that led to the idea to use the crown and "you rule" sentiment. If you play with Wordle and create something cool, please email me or leave your link in my comments, I'd love to see!

So what are you playing for this week?! Two awesome prizes: a Guest Designer Girl Friday spot for August AND a $25 Simon Says Stamp gift voucher! Yahoo!


Head on over to the CAS-ual Fridays blog to check out the awesome "texty" samples from the other Girl Fridays AND don't forget to like us on Facebook so you can see the awesome cards the Facebook Girl Fridays (like me!) put up each day! 




Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!




Recipe
Cardstock: Whisper White.
Accessories: Wordle website, Thickers letters, Jenni Bowlin kit gold crown.

10 comments:

Virginia L. said...

You absolutely rock this challenge! And yes, YOU rule, Angie!!

Bethany Lasher said...

This is an AWESOME card! I will HAVE to check out the Wordle website!

Marlena M. said...

Angie, this is the coolest thing EVER!!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow this card is AWESOME!!! I love everything about it... especially having that crown on top!

~amy~ said...

Genius!!!!!!!!

Cindy Major said...

Wow, I had never seen those Wordle "clouds", that looks fantastic! Love the superposed chipboard letters and the gorgeous crown on top! Nicely done, my dear!

Cindy

Linda Callahan said...

Grand Slam with this very clever creation! And now I get a new website to check out as well - very cool!

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting me Angie. Your card rules!

Christina said...

This is so fun! I love the mega-sized sentiment and crown.

walchowDesign said...

This is so cool with the bg prints and the giant sentiment!