Monday, July 2, 2012

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

CAS-ual Fridays #59: Round and Round






It's CAS-ual Fridays time! I'm back with my card for this week's CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #59: Round and Round...use 2 circles in your CAS creation!  I used the bike wheels as my 2 circles, and I know there's the polka dot paper, but we're not counting all those circles, okay?! hehe!

I know you'll want to play along to win this wonderful assortment of twine from this week's sponsor, The Twinery. It's a $32 value! The design team was so fortunate to get a sampling to work with, and I used Shore for the "spokes" in my wheels and Cantaloupe looped around the top piece. So yummy! 



If you're curious how made I those twine "spokes"...I came across a tutorial on Pinterest awhile back that showed how to make mini pom poms, you can see it here. (It's in French, but don't worry, the pictures are perfectly clear to understand!) I just followed that tutorial, but then I cut half of the pom pom off, behind the thread that was holding it together, so it would be flat on one side. I punched the center of the wheels out with a 1" punch, then popped the top piece up with Stampin' Dimensionals, so there's "room" for the half pom poms to be glued down inside the circles. Does that make sense? Let me know if you have questions, I can always add pictures!

Okay, get cracking on your 2 circles card and link it up over at CAS-ual Fridays so I can come check it out! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!



8 comments:

Ann said...

Oh myyyy, LOVE this one, Angie! Those pom wheels are TOO fun, & a fabby color combo to boot! You are knockin' my socks off lately, girl! :D

Lynn said...

Your pom poms are absolutely adorable...perfect for a July 4th parade!

~amy~ said...

how fun is this?!

Linda Callahan said...

Look at those bicycle wheels! Only you could make them pop like that! There is always something so unexpectedly creative in your cards - love this!

Brenda said...

Amazing wheels...love them!

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Angie, and all the twine is fabulous! Thanks for stopping by my blog and Happy 4th to you!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh my goodness.....this is the neatest card. Wow Angie. Love the pom pom wheels.

Anonymous said...

Cool, cool, cool!!! And so creative! Angie, I love everything in this card, from the cute pom poms to the stapled sentiment. Love!