Monday, July 16, 2012

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

CAS-ual Fridays #61: Let's Strip!




It's CAS-ual Fridays time! 

Come join us for this week's CAS-ual Fridays #61: Let's Strip! 
Create a CAS card using strips of paper or color!

I used Smash tape, love how it comes with little strips already pieced together for you! 

If you play, you might win a $25 gift certificate from this week's sponsor, Freckled Fawn, where you can get some of your own fancy washi tape! *smile*


When I was trying to decide which sentiment to put on this card, I sought dh's advice, to see what he thought of the "whoa!" sentiment with a custom message inside. He said yeah, like "Whoa! This card is really busy!" hahaha! So now I hope it still qualifies for a CAS card! 

The second funny thing about this card...I gave it to my friend Robyn at her birthday celebration Sunday night. When she goes to photograph it and put it on Facebook, I'm like, "Stop! What are you doing?! You can't put a picture on Facebook, this is my CAS-ual Fridays card for Tuesday at midnight EST!" Is that tacky, or what?! She couldn't even photograph her own card! 

I hope you'll come play along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week! 
Check out all the fabulous samples from the other Girl Fridays on the blog and Facebook!
You have until Thursday noon EST.
Can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs and happy stamping!


Recipe
Stamps: Whoa! from Scarlet Lime kit.
Ink: Memento Black.
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black.
Accessories: Section SMASH tape.



11 comments:

Unknown said...

Love, love, love this card! I have some of that washi tape and you made it look fantastic!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Angie, you are a clean and graphic queen! And what a cool sentiment! I have that tape too and have been so chicken that have been using the different designs separately, lol!

Lynn said...

I love all the colors...I say "WHOA...this is fabulous!"

Cindy Major said...

That looks really cool! Love the fun colours against the B&W background.

I think it's hysterical that your husband deemed this card "busy." Can you imagine what he'd say about one of my cards? LOL!

So funny that your friend couldn't photograph her own card! I tried to do "double duty" with a lot of my projects but it gets tricky sometimes. Like last week, I made little thank you goodie boxes for members since their club is coming to an end and I want to share a pic of those boxes on my blog, but one of my customers hasn't picked her bag up yet, so I'm like, "What to do, what to do..."

TFS!
Cindy

~amy~ said...

whoa. i love it.

~amy~ said...

whoa. i love it.

Lisa A. said...

Happy Birthday, Angie!! Hope your special day is REALLY special!! Your card is wonderful....love all the bright colors and textures...especially against the black...great card:)!! I've done that with a card too...had to tell my daughter she couldn't show the birthday card with a fish on it because it hadn't gone up on Facebook, yet...I think she felt ok with it all knowing that she was getting such a "special" card:)!! I was told my background was busy by my daughter's boyfriend, but my daughter said to put it up...SHE liked it...I like yours, too...it's totally cool!!

Lisa Lara said...

Your strips are amazing Angie. Wow. I love love love how you used strips here. Have to remember this one.

Kelly Griglione said...

Hahaha, love your "whoa" sentiment! How fun for a teen. Your taped bricks are so super cool!

Christina said...

Those strips are super cool, and what a perfect sentiment! Love how the panel extends beyond the card edges.

Deanna said...

Totally amazing!