Wednesday, July 18, 2012

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Perfectly Preserved: Just For You



Happy Wednesday! How is the week going by so fast?! This is my last week of summer vacation, but I'm trying not to think about it, shhhhh. I agreed to go back three weeks early to help with In Service prep since the Teacher Trainer is having her baby girl any day now! Let's just say they made me an offer I couldn't refuse! *wink*

Here's a little card I started last night and finished this morning. I was playing along with Retro Sketches #40 and I *thought* the Colour Q #146 challenge, but I just noticed that I forgot the Kraft color, argh! So I could go back and add some Kraft, or just Let It Be. I guess you see what I am choosing! 

The exciting news...I'm using the new Perfectly Preserved set from the Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini catalog that is available for purchase August 1. You can't tell why I'm excited from this card, but it's because this set has a mason jar and matching die! Yay! So clearly I need to go play with it some more! *smile* 

Oh, and the hexagon background thingy...in case you missed the last time I used it here, I created it online for free from this website. The piece on this card is actually a scrap leftover from that last card, so see, it pays off to leave things lying on your desk for 8 weeks! 


Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!


Recipe
Stamps: Perfectly Preserved.
Cardstock: Whisper White, Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP (Holiday Mini).
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, Pear Pizazz.
Accessories: Pear Pizazz Ribbon, Whisper White button, Big Shot, Bitty Banners Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals, white perle cotton.

12 comments:

Teresa Zuehls said...

Great card! Love the fruit which makes a great card for summer. TFS

kasia c. said...

Gorgeous! Love all of it. :)

Stephanie said...

Love this card! Thanks for sharing the hexagon link - I will definitely be using it!!

~amy~ said...

whoa whoa whoa....jars and dies? omg. awesome. love love your fresh card and I sooooo bookmarked that site....thank you for the tip:) hexies, I love hexies.

Cindy Major said...

Hey, so you got your stuff! LOVE the white on white hexagon background - very cool! Great use of the fruit stamps as well. This card is really cute!

Cindy

Tracey McNeely said...

Angie your card is so so fun, love the hexies and the fruit.

Lisa Lara said...

Cool sketch Angie...I love how you used the hexagons. Have you scene the new CHA Spellbinders Hexagons? Me want. :)

kathleenh said...

You're so good at incorporating those scraps on your projects. I like how you used the stamps from the set without the mason jar.

Arielle H Gordon said...

COngrats Angie - your card earned you ROCKstar status at RetroSketches! My apologies for the late announcement! I love your fabulous card!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Congrats Angie on this awesome card!

Linda Callahan said...

This is so cool! And you find the neatest things on line! So glad you leave the bread crumb trail to the sites for dinosaurs like me :) Love this card!

Lisa H. said...

awesome, card! love what you did with the sketch. such fun elements you added. Thanks for sharing, angie! and congrats on the shout out from Retro Sketches!