Thursday, July 12, 2012

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Clean & Simple FTL198: Happy Birthday Friend



Happy Thursday and almost Friday!

Here's the last card I made during my stamp-a-thon last Sunday with Cindy. This was the first challenge we tried and we used the Clean and Simple FTL#198. You can't go wrong with a sketch from the Clean and Simple blog to jump start your creativity! You can see Cindy's adorable card here, she used the new Reason to Smile set!

I proposed like 40 minutes for this challenge, and I used the Blue Ribbon set and started out trying a 5 1/4" square card. It wasn't working, ugh, so I dug through my kraft cardstock scrap file and found a 4 1/4" square card that had some stitching and a bench image using the Have a Seat stamp set. I ripped that image off, and no, it wasn't a clean tear, some white cardstock remained. That forced me to crumple up my new Baja Breeze patterned paper piece and adhere it "loosely" so you couldn't tell there was old cardstock remnants below, lol! Anyway, I went a little over on time for our challenge, but I like how it came together finally. Do you ever do that, recycle old rejected cards or card parts? That would be a fun bloggy link up party!

Okay, that's enough talk for today. I'm *steeling* myself up for a dreaded annual check-up this afternoon, I think you know what I'm talking about. Maybe I'll go out for *pancakes* when I'm done. Get it?! lol!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!

Recipe
Stamps: Blue Ribbon and Family Reunion.
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral, Midnight Muse, Whisper White, Twitterpated DSP. 
Ink: Midnight Muse.
Accessories: Scallop & 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Ticket Duo Punch, Calypso Coral brads, Corner Rounder, Stampin' Dimensionals, sewing machine & thread.


3 comments:

~amy~ said...

How awesome is this?! Upcycling...goodness!

Deanna said...

Totally love it Angie!

Karen B. said...

You have such a way with colors and perfect placement, this card is amazing!