Sunday, July 1, 2007

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

4 Ever Friend


I made some *friend* cards yesterday. Sometimes when I think about all the wonderful friends I have, I get a little emotional, so I'll spare you the details and talk about the card! I used the level 2 hostess set In the Spotlight again...I love those tiny dots around the images. This is another *parts* card...the flower I didn't use after all on the card posted below, and the Celery scrap was laying in my pile.

I got the idea of putting the dotted line in this shape (I should have used the Stamp-a-ma-Jig, but ya know I'm lazy) from a card on Kristina's blog under her June 26 post. She did a faux stitching line in a neat, unusual design. Then, of course, I decided to add the "arrow tip" to it since I can't seem to stop using arrows! Hmmmm, now that I look at it again, it reminds me of a noose for the game Hangman. Darn.

Other weekend news: DH and I have started our vacation and not done one productive thing! Well, I have laundry in now, but that doesn't really count 'cuz it's not on the Vacation List of Chores. I'm blaming it on the rain. I did convince him, unfortunately, to go see the movie Paris, Je T'aime yesterday afternoon. It wasn't that it was bad, it was just slow and more like a wfv (wait for video). It's 18 little "shorts" by 18 different, famous directors. The cast is amazing, but again, 18 was a lot to sit through. So later, I rented some dvds and we watched The Prestige. Now that was really good, very suspenseful, plus 2 hours of Hugh Jackman. Yummy. And on that happy note, I'll say: have a great day!

Recipe Stamps: In the Spotlight, Typeset Alphabet Lower & Numbers. Card Stock: Certainly Celery, Purely Pomegranate, Kraft, Whisper White, Palette O'Prints. Ink: Certainly Celery & Purely Pomegranate. Accessories: Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, 1/8" and 1/2" Round Circle Punch, Dimensionals.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Great idea! Love the papers too. I never think to use the Kraft paper, and so many are using it and it looks great!

You've been tagged!

www.desperatestamper.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooooooh, I'm loving this card! You're the queen of arrows too! Love these fun colors for friendship cards!