Wednesday, October 31, 2012

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

One Door Closes...



Happy Wednesday! I guess I should make that Happy Halloween...although with a Thanksgiving card!

I whipped this card up quickly tonight using the FTL 213 from one of my favorite challenge blogs from way back, Clean & Simple. I used the Stampin' Up! set Perfectly Preserved, the one with the long-awaited mason jar! *smile*

I had to mark this day with a Stampin' Up! card because this is my last day as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, sigh. What a hard decision! I've been a demo for over 10 years now, and I don't make changes easily. Since I started teaching, I pretty much gave up the business end of it and only ordered for me and a few real and virtual friends (thank you!) occasionally. I've turned down creative opportunities in the past because of a conflict of interest with Stampin' Up, but after much soul searching, I decided it was time to let go and stamp freely. (My husband will seriously laugh at "stamp freely"...that's an oxymoron, right?! haha!) Anyway, I emailed my resignation a few weeks ago, went through a brief mourning period, and now have made peace with my decision. I'll always be a Stampin' Up! customer; in fact, I've already joined one of my downline's stamp clubs, so you'll still see lots of cards made with Stampin' Up! here. *smile*

If you're still reading...and coming here...thanks for sticking with me! Hugs and happy stamping!


Recipe
Stamps: Perfectly Preserved
Ink: Early Espresso, Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit.
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Orchard Harvest DSP.
Accessories: Decorative Label and Modern Label Punch, Linen Thread, Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine, Vintage Trinkets, foam dimensionals.

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

Darling card!!!

Oh big changes, eh? My long time demo will be leaving this year too...I'm pretty sure something awesome will pop up soon:)

Deanna said...

Good for you! Great card!

Stef Perry said...

That must have been a tough decision. But no matter what product line you use, I'm sure whatever you post will be fabulous!! Just like this cute card! TFS!

Kelly Griglione said...

love, LOVE, love the elements and layers you used on this card! It's so striking!

Congrats on making your decision and following through with it. I don't make changes easily either (we've been looking for a new house for EIGHT years now!) so I appreciate the thought you gave this decision.

Linda Callahan said...

Tough decision after being a demo for so long but you will still be creating with your unique style and that's what counts! I always love what you create - makes me smile every time!

Patrice said...

Great card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/11/52-card-pickup-week-44.html

Connie Collins said...

You are a totally awesome stamper/paper crafter. You will do great no matter where your endeavors may lead you. Best wishes!

Tascha said...

Hi Angie, I am sure that it was a tough decision but I am sure you will keep on showing us your amazing cards and stuff and I can´t wait to see what you have planned for the future.
Love
Tascha

Cindy Major said...

Awww.... Bet that was a tough decision to make, especially after 10 years! I'll miss having you as a fellow demo, but we can be "fellow Stampin' Up! lovers" now instead. ;)

Have fun with your new creative ventures! I look forward to seeing what you create next!

{Hugs},
Cindy