It's CAS-ual Fridays time!
I hope you'll come play along with this week's challenge,
Create a CAS masculine project for any boy or man in your life!
My dh will turn 50 this month (shhhhhh, I don't want people to know I married a MUCH older man, hahaha!) so I was thinking of him when I made this card! *smile*
I tried to think of a way to make this "masculine" and thought,
well, it's kind of like the hammer's coming down on him!
I don't have a hammer stamp, so here's what I did:
- Stamped the WTF image
- Googled hammer outline and found this hammer
- Resized it to approximately 2" in Photoshop Elements
- Printed it out on a sheet of paper, then cut the image out with an X-acto knife
- Laid the paper with the hammer outline hole in it on top of the white cardstock and smushed the Versamark ink pad down onto it
- Poured white embossing powder over it and heat embossed it
I confess, the picture is a little misleading. The hammer looks very white on white in real life, but it was not showing up in the photograph. I took a picture in outside light and the hammer looked more "cream" but at least you could see it in the photo! lol! I like the way it looks, very subtle, with the white on white...and so does dh. Yeah, he already saw it. Do you think he suspected it was for him?!
I hope you'll head over to the CAS-ual Fridays blog and
play along with this week's challenge!
The prize is awesome...December Guest Designer spot on the blog AND
a $25 gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!
Stamps: CAS-ual Fridays WTF set
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Soft Suede and Whisper White.
Ink: Versamark and Stampin' Up! Soft Suede
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Heat Embossing Tool, Stampin' Up! Natural 7/8" Cotton Ribbon, foam dimensionals.