Friday, January 16, 2009

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Shhhhh! Big Owl Contraband!

Happy Friday night! Yay! It's the weekend! And a 3-day weekend to boot! Lots of time for stamping...and I received my Love You Much Bundle today, yippee skippee! Hopefully I'll have some things to share with that soon! *wink*

For now, though, a little contraband! I found this big owl stamp from Hero Arts while I was visiting Archiver's in Kansas City over Christmas vacation. That store is tooooo good! They have a fantastic stamp selection too. Anyway, he had been sitting on my desk staring at me for weeks now, so I finally broke him in last night.

I made 3 simple...and identical (which is RARE for me)...cards last night to give to the teachers (along with some donuts!) at our 3 campuses from our RtI team (my job) to thank them for their patience the past two weeks while we pulled out their students for their mid-year fluency tests. I toyed with adding more and doing more to the card, but I knew it would have a short life and meet a tragic fate, so I restrained myself! lol!

Okay, I stumbled on this video with Beyonce and Justin Timberlake from Saturday Night Live and I CAN'T stop watching it! I love the song too and want to download it for my ringtone, but I'm just not sure it's appropriate for me! You can see the whole sketch here.





Have a good night and thanks for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!

Recipe
Stamps: "you're the best" from A Little Birdie Told Me; "Big Owl" from Hero Arts.
Cardstock: Whisper White, Baja Breeze.
Ink: Staz-On Brown.
Accessories: vintage button, mini glue dot.

16 comments:

Tara said...

cute owl!! Imagine my surprise when I opened up my new Paper Crafts magazine and there was a beautiful card by none other than my stamping partner in crime!...YOU!
Miss Angie...congrats!!! :)
you da bomb!!! :)
the video is funnnnee!

Ann said...

That video is hilarious, but nothing can beat Andy Samberg & JT's "D*ick in a Box" skit! :D

Rhonda Langley said...

I live in KC and Archiver's is great! I try to avoid the area as much as possible so I am not tempted inside-either that or leave all debit cards, checks and money at home lol!

~amy~ said...

Wooooo hoooooo...check out that sa-wheet owl! Hmm....gotta check out that JT vid

Me, My Stamps and I said...

that owl is adorable and what acute video clip.
tfs:)
chat

2 coola nd lovely awards for you in my blog.

Juanita said...

You were so brave with this card. I don't know if I could have stopped here. It looks fabulous. Download the ring tone. I just downloaded a fun, inappropriate song for my phone.

Anonymous said...

This is a cute owl! It looks great keeping it simple cuz there's so much detail on that owl.

That video is a riot. That Justin has some moves! It's funny watching the other guys who don't. hehehe.

Ellie said...

ROFL! I (((HEART))) Beyonce and this is my 2 yr old. DD's fav. song.. and she does moves her hand like she does.. I also love Saturday Night Live and was so excited to see when she was there and image everyone in my house was sleeping and I was cracking up so loud I woke my DH up.. I loved it! :)

I love that owl soo cute!


-Ellie

Anonymous said...

This owl is adorable. I can't wait to see your LYM cards. I bet they will be fantastic.

Anthonette said...

I don't have easy access to these cute Hero Arts stamps. That owl is precious. Gorgeous card!

Hysterical video. The guys are funny.

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

I loved this SNL sketch! It was too darn funny! I left you an award over on my blog!

Kelli said...

Download the ring tone!

Lori said...

Love this OWL!!! He is adorable! I also love this song.....The first time I heard it, I was sold on it!

Lor

Silli said...

Angie, your card is so sweet . I love the big owl...and the button... Ist so funny!

Savitri said...

Ooooh, you stopped at Archivers - MY Archivers :)! LOVE that place! Hubby refused to take me there over the weekend. He took me everywhere else but. He didn't want to sit around for two hours while I shop. I guess I can't really blame him :)

Love that huge owl. Too too cute!!!

Donna Baker said...

ha! cute big owl. I saw that skit on SNL (I DVR it every week) and I must have rewound it SO many times because I kept watching what unique thing each guy did in it, I laughed SO hard!! you've got to go to www.hulu.com and search for all Justin Timberlake's SNL sketches - Bleep in a Box & egg costume guy skits! HILARIOUS!