Saturday, January 31, 2009

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Laura's Sketch #18: Howdy Friend!

Happy Saturday night! I *thought* about stamping all day, but finally sat down and tried to a couple of hours ago. You know what they say, if you don't use it, you lose it...and I was definitely rusty and on my way to losing it! lol!

My Hero Arts big owl was sitting on my desk staring at me, so I used him for Laura's Sketch #18 over at 2 Sketches 4 You. I started with Kraft cardstock and some other old standbys, but decided I needed to branch out, so I pulled out some old Pink Passion. Whew, it's bright! The "howdy" is from the new SU hostess set A Little Somethin, and the "friend" is from the SU Love You Much stamp set. Peeking out from the back is the Organic Outlines inked in Craft White on black cardstock; I really liked the way it looked, too bad I covered it all up!

Okay, that's it for me today! Does everyone have big Superbowl plans tomorrow? Dh and I are hosting our annual, exclusive party...we're the only two invited! hee! hee! He's still dragging from the flu and the house hasn't been fumigated yet, so I doubt anyone would want to cover over here anyway! lol!

Thanks for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!

11 comments:

Michelle Tech said...

Love the bright colors!

Our plans for the Superbowl are the exact same, with the addition of a 5-year-old. Hubby even has the flu, complete with laying around and moaning.

Silli said...

Angie, your card make me smile. Love the big owl aud the colors... Great job! Have a nice day... Hugs from Silke

Unknown said...

♥love♥ that owl stamp, and the fabulous colors of your card... awesome take on Laura's sketch!!

~amy~ said...

I {heart} her....power of pink! Great job Angie!

lynn said...

Darling card!

Anonymous said...

Have a great day! Your exclusive party sounds fun. We're just having a few people over and while the guys watch TV the girls get to stamp.

Your owl is too cute. I almost never use Pink Passion. I'm still on my first pack.

Nancy Riley said...

Cute cute card, Angie! You WILL be rooting for the Arizona Cardinals, right?!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, what a fun, funky card! I love the use of the Organics Outline for a background and that owl is the cutest!

Donna said...

Cute card and cute stamp. I love those little feet and the eyes on that owl.

Laura Davis said...

This is just darling!!!
Laura

Savitri said...

Totally LOVE the colors and the stamp is just adorable! I did make it to Archivers. Didn't see this stamp there tho.

Hey hey, guess what, I made it for 2S4Y spring DT :)