Tuesday, July 27, 2010

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Play Date Cafe Challenge: Thanks a Million




Happy Tuesday! Hope your day is going well! I got the kitchen and the laundry done...and *thinking* about cooking dinner, maybe. Maybe breakfast for dinner, yummmm!


I need to make some thank yous (because I don't already have 132 thank yous waiting in my stash!) so I used the Play Date Cafe Challenge #39. Don't you love all the neutrals together? They have gorgeous samples by the design team, all so different, so I thought I would see what I could come up with.


I had that Sassafrass Lass number paper in my scrap pile and thought the colors would work well. Then I got a chance to ink up my new Word Play set, it's really a fun one! And a secret...I had finished it and photographed it, then smacked my head with the thought: bling would be perfect for this card! I don't have a strong bling history, but I'm trying to add it to my repetoire! *smile*



Okay, back to more projects! Time is running out, ack! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!


Recipe
Stamps: Word Play.
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Sassafrass Lass patterned paper.
Ink: Staz-On Black.
Accessories: Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Rhinestones, Dimensionals.

20 comments:

Ann said...

Angie, that paper goes so perfectly with the sentiment...I love it! I guess I suck at using neutrals...tried and failed this challenge a thousand times! :P

Sherry Eckblad said...

great card and the bling is just perfect.

YUM-O, I love breakfast for dinner. We don't do that often enough if you ask me.

claudia shadler said...

ooh, Angie what a lovely card, luv luv the ribbon! fab! I hope you win!

Hugs
C

Sue Lelli said...

So stinkin' CUTE!!! LOVE the numbered paper!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

HOLY COW!! I loooooooooooove this card! I RSS Feed and when I saw this pop up--it took my breath away! It is AMAZING:) I love your creative style!! TALENTED my friend:) Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

~amy~ said...

excellent card sista!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute, great CAS design. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Anke said...

WOW Angie your card is wonderful, great idea.

Anke

Kathy Martin said...

Awesome and creative card! Perfect paper for your sentiment!

Silli said...

So pretty, love the colors...The bow is pretty...HUGS

Cindy Major said...

Nice use of neutrals! I like the paper you paired with your sentiment :)

Laurel said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE this!

Deanna said...

Love it, so different!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Wow! So simple but so wonderful! Love it!

kathleenh said...

The number paper and bling are just right for this sentiment! Super great guy thank you card!

Julie Ranae said...

I love this design, Angie! So glad that you brought it to The Play Date Cafe Challenge!

Ruby said...

I LOVE this Angie! Such a great idea with the number paper! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Barbara said...

This is such a nice card! I love what you did with the colours!

Juanita said...

Yes, bling would have been a nice touch, but I don't see anything wrong with what you have here. The colors are nice and that ribbon and bow are a nice soft touch to an otherwise masculine card {nice juxtaposition}

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love thepaper and the sentiment together! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!