Monday, July 5, 2010

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #36: take a moment


Happy Monday! I hope you're lucky enough to have a long weekend and are enjoying it!


I finally got the craft room *close* to being finished last night, and at least close enough where my desk was cleaned off and I could stamp again! Whoo! Hoo!


I ran across this challenge last week from The Play Date Color Cafe and thought the colors were so pretty. I used the new SU In Color Poppy Parade, such a bright, fun red! I started by coloring the bowl in with another new In Color Blushing Bride, but later I found a Pink Pirouette Top Note piece in my scrap box (my newly cleaned out and organized scrap box, sweet!), so I used it. Hopefully the bowl is small enough you can't tell too much.


Have you got big plans today? After walking on the treadmill and cleaning up, I plan on venturing out on a few errands...I've been such a homebody these last 3 days! I *plan* to finish up my room and then I can share some updated photos. Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!


Recipe
Stamps: It's the Thought hostess
Cardstock: Poppy Parade, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette.
Ink: Staz-On Black, Blushing Bride & Poppy Parade markers.
Accessories: Aquapainter, 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Big Shot, Top Note die, Mini Glue Dots, DMC white perle floss, misc buttons.

33 comments:

aba said...

Wow I love it!!

Nancy Riley said...

LOVE that button treatment! Your designs are always full of pleasant surprises! Way to go, Angie!

Nancy Riley said...

(don't know if my first comment posted or not, so I'm trying again)

LOVE that button treatment! Your designs are always full of pleasant surprises! Way to go, Angie!

Courtney K said...

love all the different buttons you used!! i have a hard time using pink and red together to create a non-lovey card which you did perfectly!!

and can't wait to see the newly organized craft room. i'm hoarding ideas to use in my new room next year.

Julie Ranae said...

How fun & fabulous THIS is! So glad to have you share it with us in The Play Date Cafe : )

Elizabeth Price said...

So totally awesome! I too love the buttons. They directed my eye right to the cherries.

Barbara said...

This is SO pretty! I love what you did with these colours! The buttons are wonderful too!

Stacey Schafer said...

yummy cute, Ange!

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute, love all those buttons! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

claudia shadler said...

ooh! what a cute cute card Angie! luving the buttons! and that luving the stamp :) Good for you, u got yer craft goodies in order :) I'm really like the threading on the card (is that how you say it?!?) Very nice take on the colors :)

Hugs
C

Jenn Diercks said...

Those buttons are fantastic! What a cute card.

Tenia Nelson said...

How cute is this card!!!!

Cindy Lee said...

Love your card!! Love how you arranged the buttons on the top note piece!

Lisa H. said...

ahhhhh, button heaven!

Kelli said...

Love that card! The red and pink look great together!

Cindy Major said...

I love this! The colors are perfect with the cherry bowl image (my fave from this set) and I love the pretty buttons, too! Nicely played :D

Cindy

Sarah Anderson said...

I do love those buttons! Thanks for playing along with us at the play date cafe :)

DoxieGirl said...

such an adorable card! I didn't think I needed that color of red, but now I just might... thanks alot! lol
I don't know about you, but summer helps a teacher get a bad case of the lazies! (I'm blaming it on the dog - she likes to sleep, and she HAS to sleep on me! :)

Linda Beeson said...

Love, love, love those buttons! So cute that they fill that label shape.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Mmm..so very delightful! I love this card, great take on the photo color challenge!

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic design! Love the buttons on the die cut. Such a cute card! Thanks for joining us along with us at PDCC!

Savitri said...

Wow, Angie, this one is AWESOME!!! I am going to leave your post up so that I can see it when I check my email in the a.m.... oh wait, it's 3 a.m. ok, when I wake up from my night nap :P

Nerina said...

This is such an awesome card! Your design is fabulous, I love the partial label - but those buttons are truly the last word in gorgeous!

kathleenh said...

Oh my word! Loving all of the buttons on the top note die!

~amy~ said...

me likey:)

Heather P. said...

Wow, wow, wow! This is gorgeous, girlie!!

Big plans for the day? Hmm... Nope! LOL, just trying to keep my sanity! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW--how cute is this card! I love that you used white buttons--great touch:) I need a moment--maybe this card is for me:) LOVE it! Thanks for joining us at the PDCC:)

Silli said...

very pretty...love the colors and all the buttons...sooo fun!

Julie Ranae said...

You were definitely the 'cream in our coffee' with this challenge! Your badge awaits : )

Alice Regan said...

All I can say is WOW! What a card ...simple, but stunning with those beautiful buttons!

Unknown said...

This is fabulous, Angie! LOVE all the buttons.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

I love the buttons on this card! Super fun:)

Ruby said...

I never got chance to finish commenting last week because I was away, so apologies that this is late, but what a fab card for our challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!