Friday, July 9, 2010

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Funky Four: smile





Happy Friday! Can't believe it's already Friday! It's sad, it means the pendulum swings back the other way on the countdown of summer break...5 weeks down, 4 to go, sigh. But I'll put my happy face back on, 4 weeks is good!


I broke out my new Funky Four set yesterday to use for The Play Date Challenge 37. The color theme was supposed to be the challenge, and I don't usually go this *literal* with an inspiration photo, but I just loved it and thought it would make a great design for the whole card. So I scored the background piece, then cut out the little mushrooms so they'd be "sitting on the shelf."

Check out the new Pear Pizazz ribbon, it is fabulous, people!! This type comes in the 5 new In Colors. To get the ruffle, I sewed one line of stitching (in the longest stitch setting) down the middle, then pulled on both ends to gather it up. To attach it, I put down a line of Zip Dry glue (that stuff is amazing!) then held the ribbon down for a few seconds until it dried.


Okay, peeps, hope you have a great Friday! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!


Recipe
Stamps: Funky Four, Fabulous Phrases.
Cardstock: So Saffron, Confetti White, Crumb Cake, Peach Parfait.
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizazz, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake markers.
Accessories: Brights Button, Linen Thread, Pear Pizazz 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon, Dimensionals, Janome Sew Mini.

28 comments:

Deanna said...

Shut up... amazing!

Tracy Evans said...

Real fun images and that ribbon is yummy and I love how you have gathered it too. Have a lovely evening, Tracy Evans x

Unknown said...

This is so sweet, Angie! Love the row of cute mushrooms on the ruffled ribbon shelf! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe again this week!!

Jenn Diercks said...

I've been looking at this set. I think I'm going to have to add it to my order next month. I love what you did with this card!

Sue Lelli said...

Your card absolutely made me smile!!! The ribbon and the embossed background and all your little elements are just AMAZING together!!!! LOVE it!

Lisa Somerville said...

Fun card, wonderful take on this weeks challenge. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

AJ said...

So, So cute! I am hoping we get that set down here in Australia with the pre-order launch next month! Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving me a comment, it made my day! xx Amanda

Linda Callahan said...

Over the top cute!!!

Suzanne C said...

That is the cutest card. Love the mushrooms mixed with the other embellie. Lovely. Thanks for playing along with the PDCC this week!

Julie Ranae said...

Terrific interpretation of this week's color challenge at The Play Date Cafe : ) So glad to have you back with us again.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I love the background, great job!

Nancy Riley said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! Funky Four is on the top of my new catty wish list!

Jen said...

oh my word. oh my word. oh my word!! LOVE your simple clean design and that ribbon treatment ROCKS!!!

kathleenh said...

Love your interpretation of the inspiration photo! The button in with the line of mushrooms is just right!

Cidny Beach said...

ACK!
To think I didn't order this set :(
Your card is super, super cute! Your literal take on the inspiration is fabulous, and I love the scrunched ribbon.

Stamptastic said...

Ok, where do I even start??? I love how you scored the background, it's such a subtle detail, but adds such a nice texture. The mushrooms are adorable, and I'm LOVING your ribbon treatment! I just know I'm going to be messing around with ribbon for the next couple of hours because of you... ;)

Heather P. said...

WOW, just look at that ribbon! Love this!

claudia shadler said...

oh, how adorable, those mushrooms look yummy, hehe. Awesome take on the challenge Angie!

Hugs
C

Sarah Anderson said...

Great ruffled ribbon - and I love those little mushrooms. Fab take on this week's play date cafe colour challenge :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Just RSS feed because I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this card! I just love it--all the details (ribbon, mushrooms that are 3D, scored lines, and the sentiment). Beautiful:) Great job on our color combo! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Awww....this is super cute, love the design and your take on the color challenge is perfect!

Anthonette said...

That ruffled ribbon treatment is so fun! My goodness, woman, is there nothing you can't do...so creative!

I've been super busy cleaning this house of mine getting ready for my Texan friends' visit on Wednesday, so I haven't had much free time in the studio. You make me want to go work in the studio RIGHT NOW!

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely sweet and delightful! Love your card from the photo!

Helen said...

Ok, my cousin in Canada told me there was a set in the new catty that I'd love and she was hoping we'd get it here in the UK in October. It was Funky Four and I took a look at it and said: "Nah, not fussed about it." But now I've seen your fabulous card I really really want it! LOVE that ruffle effect, too - do I break a habit of a lifetime and actually SEW something.....?

Candi Billman said...

oh this is such a sweet card :) great job!!!

Candi Billman said...

oh what a sweet card!!! great job :)

Jen Mitchell said...

That is the coolest gathered ribbon I've ever seen!

Cindy Major said...

Ooh, how I LOVE this card!!

You've been one busy stamper! I have missed so many great cards, it feels like I hadn't been on the computer forever! This is so, so cute! You used your new stuff beautifully!