Tuesday, June 19, 2007

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

CPS Sketch Challenge, revisited


The layout of this card may look familiar from this post, which I did as a practice for a sketch challenge for one of my Yahoo groups. Participants sign up, then we are assigned a partner we mail our card to. It's a fun challenge, you only make the one card, so you can give it a little more "oomph" than you would in a normal swap. It was based on this sketch from CPS. I tweaked the layout again somewhat. I did better at getting the curve at the top, but had trouble getting the arrow in, so it's squeezed in at the bottom.

If you're wondering how I got the polka dots stamped in a circle...well, I didn't the first time when I tried to "eyeball" it. lol! So on the second card, I laid one of the round, plastic containers the SU brads come in on top of the card stock and lighlty traced around it with a pencil. I stamped the dots on the pencil line, then erased the rest of the line when finished.



Movie tip: I watched a great movie, Kinky Boots, last night while stamping. Have you seen it? It's one of those British-Irish type stories like The Full Monty that makes you laugh and feel good, and it's inspired by a true story. It's not really "kinky", I highly recommend it!

Recipe Stamps: Finest Flourishes, Handle with Care, Down to Business, All in a Row, Nice & Narrow (polka dot), Designer Label Punch Box. Card Stock: Always Artichoke, Night of Navy, Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa. Ink: Night of Navy, Always Artichoke & Close to Cocoa craft ink; Always Artichoke & Close to Cocoa classic ink. Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware, Dimensionals & Mini Glue Dots, Clear Embossing Powder & Heat Gun.

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, thanks for the polka dot hint, and the movie suggestion, loved Full Monty so will definitely have to check this one out.