Monday, May 31, 2010

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day to all my American friends! I hope you are enjoying your holiday!


I decided I needed to make a scrapbook page of my grandpa on this day. When we stopped to see him last December on our way back to Texas, he showed us this nice service letter he got and had framed as well as his WWII medals. He had them hanging on the wall, so I took his picture with them. I'm so glad I did, I had no way of knowing this would be the last time we would see him in this life. I have such a hard time scrapbooking, but I reminded myself today it's more about getting your photos and memories preserved than how good your page looks!


Thank you to all of our veterans and current servicemen and servicewomen who help to keep our country safe and free! We are forever indebted to you!


Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!

1 comment:

claudia shadler said...

I really like yer scrap page Angie! Very cool, and yes a happy Memorial day to you too :) I did a 10K race today, the Bolder Boulder in Boulder CO, phew! talk about being one mile above sea level and running! I luved the ceremony as well, it's my first time to a memorial event so it was very nice to run in honor of our fallen soldiers, amazing really! I'm sure yer grandpa would;ve liked what you did with this page :)

Hugs
Clouds :D