Thursday, June 26, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Dare to be Darling: Kazan's Sketch 3


Schwooo! I barely made it back in time today with a card featuring a retiring stamp set! I don't know where this day went! Well, I know some of it went on the sofa, but a lot of it went on cleaning and organizing my stamp room, because I could NOT stand it one minute longer! lol! And wait! Some of it went to me cooking dinner! Yes! I surprised dh and cooked my first meal since I've been on summer break: spaghetti, yummy! (Well, I've cooked frozen pizzas and made a few salads, does that count?!) Don't feel too bad for him, he has had cookies, brownies, banana nut bread, etc.

But I digress! This card is made with the retiring set Dare to be Darling. This poor set never got a lot of love from the stamping community, but I've always loved it. It was set up for failure in this current catalog, I just went through twice looking for it and couldn't find it. (I confess, I could not remember the name!)

For the card layout, I used Kazan's Sketch 3. Have you been over to the 2 Sketches 4 You blog? Great stuff and sketches! They have sponsors and give away prizes, so go check it out and give it a try!

In case you're wondering about the 4 circle openings on the card...I punched out 4 circles from computer paper with the 1 1/4" punch. Then I stuck the circles down on top of my patterned paper with temporary Mono adhesive. Once I had them arranged and placed evenly, I punched right on top of them again with the 1 1/4" punch. Easy peasy! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Don't forget to enter the blog candy post right here! You have until July 1 at 12:00 a.m. to enter!

Recipe
Stamps: Dare to be Darling
Cardstock: Old Olive & Whisper White; Bali Breeze, Jersey Shore & Rose Red Prints DSP.
Ink: Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Only Orange, Purely Pomegranate.
Accessories: Felt Flowers, Vintage Brads, Jumbo Eyelet, Old Olive Poly Twill ribbon, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Slit Punch, Earth Element button, Glue Dots, Dimensionals.

29 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

Adorable! Love those fun colors and all the embellishments!

Bunny B said...

Gorgeous card! I love it!

Silli said...

OMG...this is soooo gorgeous... I love the paper...:-) Great colorcombo...:-) Very, very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a fabulous card, Angie! Beautiful combination of colors and DS papers! And I LOVE the felt flowers!

~amy~ said...

A-dorable Angie!!! Lovin' all the felt flowers...sooo sweet!

Tara said...

so cute...I love how you combined different dsp...my Monkish tendencies would never allow me to do that! although seeing how cute yours is...I might just! way to go...cleaning and cooking all in one day! you rock... :)

Michelle Tech said...

Very cute! I love what you did with the ribbon to make the tails into leaves behind the felt flowers! Clever!

On a side note from our recent conversations about alphabets and monograms and inchies: check out the Hero Arts blog post and lay your eyes on the alphabet inchie sampler here: http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/2008/06/27/fun-friday-with-even-more-inchies/ Very cool! And, they are giving away something I REALLY would like to win: their entire set of Sparkle Clear Alphabet sets!

Anonymous said...

Oh Angie! This is darling. This could be in a magazine! Love it!

Unknown said...

Angie this turned out darling. The colors are fabulous and I love the punched holes. I think if they see this card they won't retire the stamps!

Tina said...

Angie! You have to be one of the sweetest people i don't actually know. I cut the papers, i just don't remember what I was thinking! ha! This card is adorable, so adorable I may case it! Have a great week end! Stay cool.

Donna Baker said...

you're funny...I look forward to the time in my life where I don't cook 5-6 days out of the week! phew. love your card (and was never crazy about that set) in fact, I can count less than 12 new sets I purchased this past year. I'm so picky about what I get since I have MORE stuff I don't use than I do. going to check out that sketch blog

Laura Davis said...

OMGosh I love this card!!! It's so fun & bright:) Great take on the sketch!
Laura

Marja Sch said...

Wauw what awpnderful card. Hugs Marja

chloe said...

This is amazing Angie!! Love the layers!!

Eveline said...

What a super card.
Eveline.

Alex said...

This is gorgeous Angie, I love the circle punch outs!!! Totall love the colors too!!! And yep, frozen pizza and salad counts - hey, you had to turn on the oven, right?? Have a great weekend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, love the colors!

Erin McKinney said...

What a FUn card....I just love your style! :)

Lindsay Spencer said...

That is such a cute card. You do a really good job on your work.

Lea L. said...

This card is awesome...loving the design! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Love the colour on this WOW! So stunning! Great sketch too. :0)

Daniela Dobson said...

Congrats on the card of thw week! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card ... congrats on being card of the week.

Peet said...

Congrats Angie! I love your gorgeous card!!!!

Katie said...

WTG!! Awesome card...so many fun details...love it!

Katie

Nikki said...

Great card! Congrats!!

:)

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Your card is really nice :)Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

wow.. great card and a really winner!

Stamp With Linz said...

You know I like this set too, it's so fun...but oh well! Congrats on the 50K! :)