Sunday, June 29, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Big Pieces & Little Pieces...another goodbye!


Happy Sunday! Here are more retiring sets for you: Big Pieces & Little Pieces. Sigh. I bought Big Pieces back when it first came out in a mini catalog, and I believe this is the first time I actually used it. Sigh. Now that I've made this card, however, I can see using it for scrapbook pages. (I know, I know, I do SO many of those!)


This card design is from the April Stampin' Success (a SU magazine for demonstrators). It's a perfect sketch if you want to work with circles. It also worked out well for this week's Splitcoast Limited Supply Challenge #174: Brads are not the Pits, where you have to incorporate brads into your design...they cannot be just an accent, AND...this is the kicker...NO ribbon or any other kind of accessories! Ack! No ribbon! Inconceivable!

Also, a quick toot...can't believe I won Card of the Week over at 2 Sketches 4 You! How cool is that! There is some amazing talent over there, be sure and check out all of the cards!

Thanks for stopping by! Have you stamped something today?

Recipe
Stamps: Big Pieces, Little Pieces.
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Summer Picnic DSP.
Ink: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive.
Accessories: Circle Punches (3/4", 1", 1 1/4", 1 3/8"), Brads, SAB Rub-Ons.

10 comments:

Tara said...

WOW...Congrats on card of the week!! that's awesome! I loved that card! This one is cute too...
oh and no I haven't stamped something today...sin, I know...gotta get on that! :)

chloe said...

this is gorgeous!!! Heart the colours!
Congrats on card of the week at 2sketches 4 you! You deserve it!!!

Tina said...

Congrats Angie! This is a great card, Even though, I'm in the group that says brads are the pitts, You make them work beautifully for you!

Traveling Mama said...

Congrats! Love your card... the circles are so cute in the different patterns!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your winning! That is fantastic.

This card is awesome! You certainly have your groove on this summer. I love it!

Silli said...

wow, congrats on your winning...:-) your card is so gorgeous... Summertime...:-) Love it!

corinnesomerville said...

I love this layout !! I'll miss this set too :(

Have a great day
Corinne (aka Roxy)

Alex said...

Congrats Angie - that's great! And, your card is too cute! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Donna Baker said...

I won't miss big pieces (bought it I think it was used once!) but I sure will miss Little Pieces...great card & congrats again!

Anonymous said...

This is such a pretty and fun card Angie. Great job!

Toot away girl! You deserve it.