Saturday, December 1, 2007

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Season of Joy


Happy Saturday! We're off to a good start...woke up at 8:30 with the sound of dh coming in the front door with coffee. Yummmmm, nice. Been lazing about, checking out the Stampin Up! retired list, you can view it here. I lost some more, but I'm getting used to it as it's bound to happen after "collecting" tons of stamps over the last 5 1/2 years. I was quite relieved to see I didn't lose any brand new sets that came out this last July. I'm most devastated by Typseset Alphabet Lower, I use it a lot, darn!!

I can't believe the Holiday Mini Catalog is over, boo hoo! I barely used this Season of Joy stamp set enough! I started this card last Saturday while spending the day stamping with my two fellow 3rd grade teachers. In 6 hours, Vina made 3 cards and wrote personal Christmas messages to all 18 of her students, Eva made 30 Christmas cards...and I made 1 1/2 cards. Serious lack of output! Probably because I was so concerned and busy being the hostess, right?! I did heat up some canned soup for them for lunch. So much for the hostess theory.

This is the 1/2 card. I started it in the afternoon and finished it later in the evening. It's hard to see, but I did emboss the image with the words in the background. Embossing is a major event for a lazy stamper like me! I stamped the image in Versamark, then in the retired Cranberry Crisp ink, then embossed with clear embossing powder. That's one of the first stamping tricks my upline taught me years ago, still love the versatility of that Versamark pad!

Okay, I should get busy and try to do something productive today! Perhaps I better go and prepare my pre-order from the new Stampin' Up! Preview Brochure. Do I *need* any of the sets? Probably not. Can I resist an extra 15% off? Absolutely not! Have a super Saturday!

Recipe Stamps: Season of Joy. Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Cranberry Crisp, Very Vanilla, and DCWV Winter Stack paper. Ink: Cranberry Crisp, Wild Wasabi, and Versamark. Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Paper Piercer, Vintage Brads, Dimensionals, 2-Way Glue Pen, and Dazzling Diamonds glitter.

3 comments:

My Paper World said...

very pretty, the colours look great, and I love that tree image!

JenMarie said...

Looove this card!!

AJ said...

Oh- so what did you order??? I got a little birdie told me, and the set that coordinates with the rub ons.
Card is cute, love the layout!!