Friday, July 4, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

New Stuff! Sock Monkey & Occasions Collection


Happy 4th of July! Hope everyone is having a good holiday! I received my new Stampin' Up! Fall-Winter Catalog sneak peek sets yesterday, whoo! hoo! Don't you love this little Sock Monkey guy?! (I know he's getting some mixed reviews out there from fellow demonstrators!) You may remember from this post, I taught in sock monkey pajamas one day, so yes, I'm a little partial!

I didn't know where I was going with this card, and it just sort of turned out like this. It seemed like a good idea at the time (3:30 last night) to make it into a 4th of July card. I didn't have a good sized alphabet (that wasn't retired, grrrr!), so I used a Ruby Red marker (love the new Red Riding Hood color, but it is almost identical to Ruby Red) to mark letters from the Full Calendar set. I was going for *whimiscal* placement, but then got a big gap between the "m" and "e" so decided to hand draw a star in yellow...later decided it was too bright, erased most of it and changed it to pink.

Okay, onto another card...here I used the Occasions Collection Level 2 Hostess set with this CPS71 card sketch.

I wasn't sure about this set when I ordered it, but it had really good words for lots of occasions, and I do love my word stamps, so I went and got it, and I'm glad I did. There's one long stamp of various holiday images that go with it that I didn't use here, but I will later today hopefully so I can share with you.

Don't you love that yummy patterned paper? It's called Bella Rosa, and it's fabulous! I paired the Kiwi Kiss (LOVE it!) with the Red Riding Hood cardstock here. The other new In Colors I love are Pink Pirouette and Baja Breeze. Tangerine Tango is okay, but I'm still thinking about Pacific Point, lol! I also used *one* of my precious new buttons on this card, yummy again! I'm so excited we're getting an assortment of decorative buttons in this catalog, here's a sneak peek:

Okay, I've probably rambled on long enough! Thanks so much for stopping by and for leaving all your kind comments! Have you stamped something today?

Recipe 1
Stamps: Sock Monkey, Occasions Collection, Full Calendar.
Cardstock: Confetti White, Red Riding Hood, Pink Pirouette, Brilliant Blue, Bella Rosa DSP.
Ink: Staz-On Brown, Ruby Red marker.
Accessories: Pure Color Pencils, Paper Piercer, Arrow Punch (for jagged edge), Dimensionals.


Recipe 2
Stamps: Occasions Collection.
Cardstock: Red Riding Hood, Kiwi Kiss, Bella Rosa DSP.
Ink: Red Riding Hood, Ruby Red marker (for faux stitching), Kiwi Kiss (for dying ribbon).
Accessories: Word Window Punch, Pretties Kit flower, Red Riding Hood button, Ticket Corner Punch, Paper Piercer, Ruby Red Brads, White Taffeta Ribbon (ran through Kiwi Kiss ink), Dimensionals, thread.

14 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, I'm jealous! I ordered both of those things you've show and they aren't even in picking yet. Maybe I'll get them by the end of the week next week?! Great job with the new stuff!

kathleenh said...

Yippee! It's fun to see new stuff! I like how you fixed the America with the star. Great thinking!

Your second card with the dp is gorgeous!

What's up with the button assortment? I only received the blue flower and the plain red.

Happy 4th of July to you Angie!

Becky Carafa said...

Ooo, lucky. Mine won't even ship til next week. That paper is gorgeous! Of course now I want that word set, when I thought I didn't need it, thanks a lot! Happy 4th!

Pretty Little Things for Home & Life said...

Lucky duck. Looks like someone shipped overnight ;) I also plan on getting Sock Monkey. I think he's great and would work for masculine cards as well as for all the baby cards I will be needing to make soon, with my first-ever round of gfs pregnant!!!
I was torn on whether or not to get the DSP... but I like it on this card, so I will blame you when the BF complains about the bill :)

Donna Baker said...

yea, I'm not one of those feelin' the sock monkey love. I think it has to do with him sitting, looks weird. I can't believe the red looks like ruby red, ugh. those buttons are really nice, but I'm not much of a button person! I haven't placed an order yet, I keep hemming & hawwing...Happy 4th of July to you! I love your 2nd card, it's so pretty!

Silli said...

Angie, you make me smile...:-) The monkey is sooo cute.. I love your work..always... Have a nice day...:-) Bye...Silli

Tina said...

Hi Angie!
Ok, i'm a fence sitter on the monkey sock but I know sentimental ties can be strong so I understand your affection for it. However I love the dp paper and card.
Thanks for sharing!

Lori said...

Cute Cards Angie Bangie!!!

Lor

corinnesomerville said...

Oh my gosh !!! Sock Monkey is sooooo cute !! I'm so glad I ordered him !!! We can't expedite shipments from SU here in Canada BUT it will be worth the wait !!!

Have a great day !!
Corinne (aka Roxy)

Michelle Tech said...

I'm itching to get my sock monkey set and should really start designing now while I'm twiddling my thumbs! I also got the Bella Rose paper...can't go wrong with ANY of the DSP sets, and this one looks to be as beautiful as the others, or more! Great stuff, thanks for sharing and teasing us late orderers!

~amy~ said...

LOVE the cards Angie! I think the sock monkey image is a-dorable!!! The Bella Rosa dp is sweet and the buttons are FABulous!

Anonymous said...

Your sock monkey card is AWESOME! I saw the other card briefly on SCS between internet outages today. I didn't realize it was your. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you got that sock monkey set. I want one! I just made a huge order the end of last month so I got to wait. But my next order... guess who's going to be there? Oh yeah, Jake the sock monkey. Oh yes, I've got a name picked out for my little guy! :)

Stamp With Linz said...

Now I totally covet your buttons- they are all sold out! Darn! :) Have some fun for me, okay?