Tuesday, June 24, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

So Happy Splitcoast Color Challenge 172


Happy Tuesday evening! I'm glad some of you liked my vintage treasures down below! I managed to get one quick card done today to share! When I saw the Splitcoast Color Challenge 172: Wild Wasabi, Taken with Teal, and White, my initial reaction was ewwww, because I am not a Teal fan. But, I perused the gallery and saw some cute cards with a LOT of white, so that's what I went with too! lol! Plus, I only found two small scraps of Teal cardstock I could even work with.

I'm going to try and *showcase* some of the retiring stamp sets from now until the end of June. I was thinking of doing it longer, but let's face it...once those new pre-order sets are available, I'll be moving on! lol!

So for this card I used the set So Happy and the Dilly-Dally Friends wheel. For the center of the flower, I stamped the circle in Wild Wasabi on white cardstock, then punched it out with the 1" circle punch, covered it with a big blob of Crystal Effects (same as Diamond Glaze stuff), then poured the green glitter over it and waited for it to dry. I like the texture and the way it's raised up, three-dimensional like.

Okay, ta-ta for now! Thanks for stopping by! Have you stamped something today?

Recipe
Stamps: So Happy, Dilly-Dally Friends wheel.
Cardstock: Whisper White, Taken with Teal, Wild Wasabi.
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Taken with Teal.
Accessories: Wild Wasabi Double Stitched Ribbon, Crystal Effects, Green Chunky Glitter, Paper Piercer & Mat Pack, 1" Circle Punch, Eyelet Setter, Dimensionals.

5 comments:

Tina said...

Can I just say ~ I seriously love that! I love glitter today as much as I did in the 3rd grade. I have the Dilly Dally wheel, never used it and. . . . . .to be perfectly honest, not completely sure where the wheels are stored. Yikes! May I borrow some organizational skills? Could you please bring Suzy? Remember in her picture, she even had those scissors secured ~ for the love!

~amy~ said...

**love** this Angie...the glitter absolutely R*o*c*k*s!

Unknown said...

Angie, this card is awesome. I don't think I've ever tried putting glitter on Crystal Effects, so I'll have to try it. It turned out great on your card!
See you tonight at Club!

Donna Baker said...

wow - this card is sweet looking! love the crystal effects/glitter. thanks for sharing and no, I haven't stamped anything all week (taking a much needed break) but I'm sure enjoying seeing everyone else's stuff

Tara said...

I'm back...I'm back!!! It was a rough couple of days...I totally could've done a late night card last night too!! I got caught up on all the posts I missed...you've been busy!! I love all your vintage finds...very cool and this card is cute too...good job with a tough challenge.