Saturday, June 28, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

More Retiring: Polka Dots & Paisley & Be Happy

Good evening/morning! Hope your Friday was great! I left the house (shocker!) and spent the day with my fabulous teacher friends shopping and dining in historic downtown Waxahachie. I'm afraid my schedule is a little off, if you could call what I had a schedule, I'm not sure actually! lol!

Anyway, after a nap from 8:00 to 11:30 pm and then catching up on Google Reader, I pulled out some more retiring sets to play with. For this first simple card I used Polka Dots and Paisley and made myself use a non-normal color for me, in this case, Almost Amethyst. Am I the only one who falls into the trap of using my favorite colors over and over?!

That glittery Pretties kit flower has been laying rejected on my desk for several months now, and even though it was colored in with Pale Plum and Aquapainters, the color worked okay, probably because it was covered in glitter! I do like the way my little "ticket" turned out. Have you noticed these "tickets" all over the place lately?! I rolled the Confetti White cardstock with the My ABCs wheel and then used the Ticket Corner Punch on it. I may experiment with some more designs tomorrow! I mean today! hee! hee!

For this card I used the Be Happy stamp set, trying to stick with similar colors: Pretty In Pink, Almost Amethyst and Basic Gray. The chipboard flower is from On Board Blossoms & Basics, and that Almost Amethyst ribbon is from the Fairy Tale Ribbon Originals.

If you have any questions let me know, and I can post the recipes later if anybody wants them. I better get to bed now...if dh catches me up this late, I'm going to be in big trouble! lol! Thanks for stopping by! Have you stamped something today?

Don't forget to enter the blog candy post right here! You have until July 1 at 12:00 a.m. to enter!

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

Angie...your cards are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! WOW!!!

Tara said...

these are both so darling! I love the little ticket and I am impressed you pulled out the paisley set...I think I made 2 things with it and I haven't touched it since! :) wish I would've been up last night to stamp with you!...one of these nights though!

Alex said...

Too cute Angie!!! Love them both! I hope you had a good time on your outing - lol! Good for you playing with your SU! stamps, I am having trouble staying out of the dark side while waiting for the new catty, but so far so good, teehee! Thanks for your wonderful comments on my stationery box, glad you liked it! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

The ticket was the first thing I noticed on your card. It is fabulous! I want to make some now, but I'm too tired from the Festival to move off of my chair. LOL!

I use my favorite colors all too much. I love both of these cards. Very soft and pretty.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Oh man! That glittery pretty is stunning. Love the simple gorgeous layout and the second card is making want to pull out that set BIG time! Thanks for the great inspiration! :0)

chloe said...

wow, wow, wow!!!

Donna Baker said...

ooh, both cards are awesome! love the fresh look of those colors together. I try to push myself ALL the time to use different colors, it's a personal challenge for me. It's fun!