Monday, June 9, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Beate's Weekend Sketch #51


Schwooo! I just barely managed to squeak in with Beate's Weekend Sketch #51 last night while watching Hairspray on HBO. I never could get the "hi" quite how I liked it, but it was getting late (1:00!) and John Travolta kept cracking me up in the movie, so I was a little distracted!

Another felt flower tip...here I squished the Old Olive felt flower in brown Staz-On ink to change the color. I used a rub-on popsicle stick so my fingers wouldn't be completely inky. When finished, it was pretty saturated, so I used a heat gun to help dry it along. (BTW: It had a great chemical smell, if you like that sort of thing! lol!) The back side of the flower was kind of a brown-olive distressed look that was neat too. I might use that side next time. If you give it a try, link to your creation here so we can see it too!

Lastly, there's been a lot of talk among my Great Swap Girls about signing up for this Got Sketch 101 Class, and I finally caved and did it. Do you want to join us?! It starts today, you still have time...plus, you work at your own pace. I've been reading Valerie's blog forever, she's really awesome. It seems like a great challenge to get you working and using your stash, so come on, join us!


Recipe Stamps: Jumbo Outline Alphabet. Cardstock: Old Olive, Whisper White, Ginger Blossom DSP, Spring Break DSP. Ink: Brown Staz-On. Accessories: Pure Color Pencils, Old Olive Poly Twill Ribbon, Hodgepodge Hardware Kit, Jumbo Eyelet, Felt Flowers.

7 comments:

kathleenh said...

Pretty card! Thanks for the tip on dyeing the felt flowers. I haven't tried that yet. It would be great to have a wider variety of colors to work with. I bet it would work with craft ink too.

Tina said...

Cute and bright, who could ask for anything more? Cute movie too huh? Did you wake up singing Good Morning Baltimore?

Kim said...

Great job on the challenge Angie!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reaching in my pocket and taking out $21 - LOL! I had seen the banner before but had forgotten about it, so I needed the reminder. Is that how great minds think alike? I help with your need for Fresh Cuts, and you help persuade me to join the Got Sketch Challenge?

Cute card! I love Felt Flowers

Jenn

Unknown said...

How funny... I was doing the exact same thing... uploading my card for Beate's sketch, watching Hairspray on DVD, well after midnight last night. heeheehee
By the way, cute card!!!

Silli said...

Hi Angie, your card is so beautiful...:-) I love the colors! You make me smile...:-) Bye from Germany...

Tara said...

cute card...love the flowers...very cool idea! I do love the smell of staz-on ink!! mmmm! :)