Saturday, May 26, 2007

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

School's Out for Summer!



Wow! I can't believe I survived my first year of teaching, especially at the ripe old age of 40! It was quite a career change, but I think it was the right one for me. Saying goodbye was really hard, and not just for me. I made each student a little stamped memory book with our class picture on the front and space inside for their teacher and friends to write notes, as well as a space to write their own memories. At the last minute, I realized I needed to make one for me too and have them write in it. It was a great last morning activity for us.

I'll be teaching summer school beginning next Tuesday, but it's only four hours a day for four weeks. I can surely handle that, right? And have lots of time left over for stamping and scrapping!

1 comment:

Donna Baker said...

what your students wrote was sweet! I bet it's very rewarding at times, to make an impact on these kid's lives! Keep it up! Kudos to you - you're never too old to start something new, huh? You look awesome for 40 too!