Monday, May 28, 2007

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Doodle This & Doodle That



Ahhhh, I do love the doodle sets! I've been a long-time fan of Elsie Flannigan (maybe because we're both Missouri gals?!) who originated this doodle style, and I even was lucky enough to take one of her classes last fall with my friend Lori. She was so sweet and down to earth, just an awesome gal. Anyway, I was thrilled when Stampin' Up! offered these doodle style sets, and I hope and pray they make it into the new catalog, plus some more would be nice too!

I have seen a lot of cards that feature "wings" around an object, so I thought this heart stamp from Doodle That would be perfect to make wings. The only trick was to reverse stamp it, which I had never tried. Luckily, it's very easy! I used SU Basic Black ink and stamped the first heart on the right side. I held up the flower to see about how much space I would need before stamping the heart on the left side. I then pulled out a solid image stamp (I used one from the By Design set, but any solid type image would work) and stamped the heart onto it. Then you stamp the solid image stamp on the card stock, and voila!, your stamped image is in reverse! It took a few tries, and I eventually did get out the Stamp-a-ma-jig so I could line it up perfectly. The rest is colored in with blender pens. Very simple, go try it!

1 comment:

Dymphie said...

Great use of the hearts! Love your 'winged' flower :-)